• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

skinz seat

dutchie

Pro
well i got my barker exhaust in , love the deep rumble sound , nice set up

now i'm looking for a new seat to add , even a used one if price right , anyone have one that they might like to sell , also i think i'll need a block off plate , who has the best one for fit and finish ,

i tried them guys at skinz for a seat and they don't have any at this time in stock ,

anyone know a dealer down in the states that might have one , looking for the above tunnel exhaust model for a nytro mtx 2010 ,

also any other aftermarket seats worth looking at ,

thanks

You may want to try sitting on the skinz seat before purchasing. I have one and think it's great. I don't sit on it much. Sold my old seat to a guy that had the skinz and hated it. It is really narrow and firm. Think Phazer seat with really hard foam. Not for everyone. I had one guy sit on my sled and described it as "It's like wearing a thong!"

I have the Skinz seat and like the design and how firm the foam is. I have always hated how soft the seat foam is on most sleds. I just wish they made it in the stock height or an inch shorter. I am rarely sitting on it so it doesn't matter that much. I just like the exhaust and stock seat being out of my way.

Do you have the under tunnel set up , I would love to see some pictures of those who have the seat and above tunnel exhaust set up , I"m thinking I"ll use a block off plate maybe a solid one from OFT and then cut it myself for the pipe to come up through

Anyone care to share a picture , give me some ideals , found a seat but it"s for the under tunnel set up , can"t see why it wouldn't"t work , seats the same just the leg brackets bolt on the side instead of the top , it"s new and he will sell me just the seat without the tunnel block and bag

dutchie said:
Do you have the under tunnel set up , I would love to see some pictures of those who have the seat and above tunnel exhaust set up , I"m thinking I"ll use a block off plate maybe a solid one from OFT and then cut it myself for the pipe to come up through

Anyone care to share a picture , give me some ideals , found a seat but it"s for the under tunnel set up , can"t see why it wouldn't"t work , seats the same just the leg brackets bolt on the side instead of the top , it"s new and he will sell me just the seat without the tunnel block and bag

The seat is the same except for the bracket to mount the muffler to. The under tunnel seat version does not have a bracket and you would need to fab something to either the seat or the tunnel to support the muffler.

Got your pm, give me a call if you need any more info.

Scott

dutchie said:
I would love to see some pictures of those who have the seat and above tunnel exhaust set up
Here you go, still wet and dirty after today's ride...

First generation Skinz seat (later generations have different "feet").
Custom made block-off plate.
Standard header with custom made Leo Vince silencer.
Custom made silencer bracket attaches to seat frame.

Regarding seat comfort, I would not be the person to ask as I am a 100% stand up rider. I use this combo because of massive weight savings and less ice build-up than standard. The seat itself does not interfere with stand-up riding, but I would not mind a seat that is little bit lower to enhance "Rasmussen style" riding. This was also in my plans for this season, but with a massive workload from September to December...well...

Attachments

• Alatalo_120309_3.JPG
    Alatalo_120309_3.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Alatalo_120309_2.JPG
    Alatalo_120309_2.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Alatalo_120309_1.JPG
    Alatalo_120309_1.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 120
yep , thats the kind of set up i'm looking to do , nice , my barker exhaust already comes with a good clamp , so i'm thinking that would be easy to get a small bracket made to run from the clamp to the bottom of the seat

the other choice i have is , just get a seat and leave the barker mounted as it is now to the factory rear mount , only then my exhaust would be a little more front end under the tunnel ,

i think i will go with the seat and add a full block off , cut it out myself to fit perfect , tip the exhaust up some more , so just the pipe is under the tunnel , try to get the whole exhaust above , and get a new bracket made

anyone else got a few pictures , and thanks Alatalo

I have a block off plate im not using anymore as i have a fabcraft tunnel being made right now. PM me about it if interested. Its the solid type for an undertunnel so u could cut it how u want it

Back