• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sled didnt come with prefilters K&Ns? How important are

jcurrieta

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Apex (Hids, pipes and a chick on the hood)
Sled didnt come with prefilters K&Ns? How important are

Sled was bought with k&Ns on it and it doesnt have prefilters. Now the seasons starting here and ive never had the sled out yet. But how much issues should i see with my filters,,, I hear about iceing up filters and stuff so if you have prefilters atleast you can easily knock off the ice if needed.

I never used the pre filters on my rx1, I only trail ride and don't usually go into snow that goes over the hood. Used them for three years with no icing and no other problems. Others seem to have icing, depends on where you go I guess.

yah like normally im on trails,,, but some day hitting drifts like 3hrs from home I dont wanna be worried,,, or sometimes the trail isnt groomed and its got the odd large drift on it.
Do you sled in heavy snow coming down without issues? Or follow riders close or ride in the snow dusted up from them without problems.

Thats what I was thinking,,, problem is I dont see a part number for the snowcharger K&N brand type for my rx1 oval dual filters (only univeral cone oval style). Only the non snow pre filters,,, but im thinking those arent really for water and snow applications.

Ive also been on outerwears site and dont see the prefilter i need for my rx1 filters. I only see the cone style ones. because the one they show for the rx1 looks different,,,, or does it cover both oval filters or do you need to order 2?? (Part Number: 20-2124)

I just dont want to get a lose or sloppy prefilter.... what part numbers are best.

Get rid of the filters and Mod your airbox, Same performance and dont have to worry about the filters freezing up when you do hit the occasional deep snow.

i would,,, i do have the stock one,,, but i like the deep drone and i dont want to have to mess with my jets. plus ive been told the sleds been clutched according to my set up.

jcurrieta, the pre filters that fit the oval K&N filter RU-2922 is made by outerwears and they fit nice. The part# is 20-1251-01. This is not the cone shape from hauck performance. I can send pics if needed.

Re: Sled didnt come with prefilters K&Ns? How important

jcurrieta said:
Sled was bought with k&Ns on it and it doesnt have prefilters. Now the seasons starting here and ive never had the sled out yet. But how much issues should i see with my filters,,, I hear about iceing up filters and stuff so if you have prefilters atleast you can easily knock off the ice if needed.

I would not even run it with out Outer Wear sock filters. Just Google

Outer Wears they are in Schoolcraft MI

Outer Wears

the kitchen said:
jcurrieta, the pre filters that fit the oval K&N filter RU-2922 is made by outerwears and they fit nice. The part# is 20-1251-01. This is not the cone shape from hauck performance. I can send pics if needed.

I would not even run it with out the Outerwear on it.

If you never run outside the trails or in blizzard weather you won't need them.

Back