• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sled shuts off after 15 seconds

srxtim26076

Extreme
My 2008 nytro shuts down after about 15 seconds. There is no fault lights coming on until after it shuts down. Then the yello light and engine light is on. I unplugged all the connectors (one by one) until the sled would would run to get me home. I figured it was a temperature sensor or something. It ran with the white, two wire on the left side unplugged. Over the clutch. Can anyone help me diagnos this

Thanks

WOW !!!! I will have to think about this one . I will look in the man. to find out what wire you unpluged . Hows the oil level ?

That white connector you mentioned over the clutch with the two wires is most likely the oil pressure sensor. If you overheated the engine in the past and/or had a coolant leak causing an overheat this wire will melt on the engine block and sled will shut down after 10-15 seconds after a restart. Pull both ends,yank the wire leed out and check for melted wire.

It seems to be the oil pressure sensor. I unplugged the sensor under the sled by the oil filter. It would allow it to run without shutting down. I pulled the sensor out and cranked over the engine. Oil shot out fairly strong so I am thinking it's the sensor. Rode the sled 150 miles and it didn't blow up.

Back