• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sled stolen in Millinocket Maine - 2/13/06

Tim47

This past Saturday night my 2006 Yamaha Apex GT was stolen from the parking lot of Baxter Park Inn in Millinocket.ME Registration #666322.

We rode Friday and Saturday (hats off to the groomers, the trails were great) and left our machines near the rear entrance to the hotel right up close and parallel to the building under the bright lights. My sled was parked on the 'outside' so it was easiest to access, and would have been visible and well lit from the side street that goes past the hotel. Given that it's not a quiet machine I imagine someone pulled in and just picked it up and threw it in a pickup or onto a trailer and drove off with it while I slept. Since it was one of the older sleds left out that night I have to think it was taken either because it was the most accessible to be picked up, or the engine was the target based on need or value/longevity.

So that pretty much ruined the weekend and the season. With the age of the sled it wasn't insured for theft. I filed the police report and they are looking into it but I'm generally a realist. The hotel owner was great although there's nothing he can do at this point, and I'll continue to suggest people stay there.

Attachments

• IMG_3414.JPG
    IMG_3414.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 331

Post it on TY FB with pics. Everyone can then share it

This past Saturday night my 2006 Yamaha Apex GT was stolen from the parking lot of Baxter Park Inn in Millinocket.ME Registration #666322.

We rode Friday and Saturday (hats off to the groomers, the trails were great) and left our machines near the rear entrance to the hotel right up close and parallel to the building under the bright lights. My sled was parked on the 'outside' so it was easiest to access, and would have been visible and well lit from the side street that goes past the hotel. Given that it's not a quiet machine I imagine someone pulled in and just picked it up and threw it in a pickup or onto a trailer and drove off with it while I slept. Since it was one of the older sleds left out that night I have to think it was taken either because it was the most accessible to be picked up, or the engine was the target based on need or value/longevity.

So that pretty much ruined the weekend and the season. With the age of the sled it wasn't insured for theft. I filed the police report and they are looking into it but I'm generally a realist. The hotel owner was great although there's nothing he can do at this point, and I'll continue to suggest people stay there.
I feel your pain, same thing happened to my uninsured sled. Out only a few grand and had to lay out 5k from my savings to buy my 2009 Apex, which is now fully insured for 150 per year. I will say there is smoking deals on sleds since the end of the season. My buddy bought a 2015 Viper-DX for 10k out the door and I bought my Apex with 2k miles for 5k

Back