• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slip On Exhaust Recommendations

DeepFrz

Expert
I picked up my 2011 XTX from the dealership yesterday and can't wait to start modding, but being a full time college student and working 40+ hours a week doesn't leave me much time. I'm looking for a few reviews on some slip on exhausts, I've read many threads about them on this forum but haven't really found a good comparison of them.

I've looked at the Ultra Q, Super Q, Barkers, and MBRP slip ons so far.

I like the price tag on the Ultra Q but have read on here that they're not too reliable.

Looking for something that's not obnoxiously loud (I can ride 150 miles without getting annoyed), reasonably priced, gives the nytro an aggressive sound, and fairly quick to install.

One final question, how long should I wait before putting the exhaust on? or does it not matter?

I have the Ultra Q on mine. It lasted about 1500 miles and broke in half. Spoke with skins and they were aware of the problem because I was not the only one with the issue. They claim to have had a bad batch of metal and this cause the pipes to fail and break. No questions asked by them they said ship it back as soon as we get it we will ship you a new one. Rode over 800 miles last year no issue at all. Skinz proved to stand behind their product and had great customer service.

As far as the pipe i like it a lot. just the sound I was looking for. It gives a nice tone to the 4 stroker and not enough to have the warden after you. As far as power gains I dont think it gives any. Most pipes dont without going to a full system. I have no experience on others so just my two cents on the Ultra Q.

Good luck and Happy trails!!

sorry I did my pipe after 1st oil change and break in period. So after 500 miles. Others may chime in on that

MBRP

Have had it on since day one and love it. Sounds sweet and about 9 lbs lighter than stock! 2600 kms and no rust, cracks or anything!

Re: MBRP

canoehead said:
Have had it on since day one and love it. Sounds sweet and about 9 lbs lighter than stock! 2600 kms and no rust, cracks or anything!

Had on what kind since day one?

Re: MBRP

pro116 said:
canoehead said:

Had on what kind since day one?
MBRP

Schmidt bros dual can will be on mine someday. lots of dyno time with that can. Chris said that with me gutting my can he guaranteed i lost around ten HP :o| :o| :o|

basic700 said:
Schmidt bros dual can will be on mine someday. lots of dyno time with that can. Chris said that with me gutting my can he guaranteed i lost around ten HP :o| :o| :o|

Good thing you're not riding a Phazer! ;)!

basic700 said:
I was under the impression the 2 strokes required back pressure. I've never seen a NASCAR or Top Fuel dragster with mufflers or even cans for that matter. I've always been told and believe, easy in= easy out & vice a versa...so. Don't know how you could have lost ponies?

Chris Schmidt now offers a cut-n-gut option at far less$ I guess he reroutes interior piping and what not. I think he said it was 150$ Not as cool of sound i guess, but way better than stock. :Rockon:

nytrorider28 said:
I have the Ultra Q on mine. It lasted about 1500 miles and broke in half. Spoke with skins and they were aware of the problem because I was not the only one with the issue. They claim to have had a bad batch of metal and this cause the pipes to fail and break. No questions asked by them they said ship it back as soon as we get it we will ship you a new one. Rode over 800 miles last year no issue at all. Skinz proved to stand behind their product and had great customer service.

As far as the pipe i like it a lot. just the sound I was looking for. It gives a nice tone to the 4 stroker and not enough to have the warden after you. As far as power gains I dont think it gives any. Most pipes dont without going to a full system. I have no experience on others so just my two cents on the Ultra Q.

Good luck and Happy trails!!
Same thing happened to mine, sent me a new one!

I have two seasons using the Schmidt Bros. nytro dual exhaust, and I really like it. I especially like the way it sounds. I'd say its one of the quieter aftermarket exhausts out there. It looks cool too. I have "Never" experienced any hesitations or back fire. You can check out youtube and search schmidt bros nytro dual exhaust.

I'd recommend installing a tunnel closer kit to rid your build up of ice while you have the seat off. You can do this work at any time you decide.

Hindle with a noise reducer...comes in a hidden version and a visible version...knocks of about 10lbs and gains 3-4hp across the entire rpm range.

mbrp i have a season and a half on mine still good...sounds real good when on the throttle.can be a bit loud at cruising speeds around 50 or 60 on long rides...its the best sounding that ive heard!!!YOU TUBE !!!!!!

slip on

MBRP baby... love the sound, and never been stopped... and im on the 3rd season and it sounds just like day one... almost 3500 miles on it...def recommend this slip on.....

Back