• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

smoking belts

NB-NYTRO

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Anyone else seeing this? I got stuck the other night in my back yard. I eventually got it out.. and I headed back to the shed with the sled I could tell the belt was hot and as I went to pull away from my un-stuck position the belt just burnt up in one spot. I also burnt a belt earlier in the year loading the sled onto my trailer. Its starting to piss me off. Theses belts aren't cheap. My theory is the belts are just too hard and they get too hot and burn up. Anyone else try a Gates Xtreme or a Ulitmax III belt? So between burning slides and belts I'm getting pissed. Overall I love the sled but I have never had a sled chew up belts and slides like this.

i find the nytro great on belts..i have 2500kms on this belt and dont even smell buring rubber,and im always off trail,i do have my side panel vented and have ulmers clutch kit,ive never even had a black mark on the primary

I had the same problem when loading it onto my trailer. It seems like there is not enough squeeze on the belt and it slips. I'm hoping to find a good clutch kit to solve this problem.

Murphy's law..as soon as I post this it will blow but I have 1965 miles to date on the original belt. I ride mostly groomed trail but will be off trail next week in the U.P. so we will see

try changing your secondary spring to a "white" and turn it to about 70
that should make the back shift faster and push the belt up quicker in the clutch

The belts are half the price of Doo belts so don't feel too bad. If you accidently leave your parking brake on it will kill the belt FAST.

I had the same thing happen this weekend (500 miles) I was almost stuck and jumped off and gunned it so the sled came out, but after that I could hear and feel what I felt like was the track ratchiting, as this could be with some belt stretch. I never imagined that it would have been the belt so early anyway the belt was shredded. Needless to say I am going with an Ulitmax 3.

Has any body try adding the spacers to the driven clutch to tighten it up a little and push the belt a little above the top edge of the driven clutch. I noticed mine site even.

talking blown belts, I was in the u.p. raco area on my 04 polaris 800 pro x 2 wide open when the belt blew apart and locked the motor and shut it down, track locked up I put it in the powder and stoped. I think it snapped a motor mount. They got 15 inches on Sunday and 10 inches on Monday killer rideing..

Just a thought. I have had oil in the belly since the sled was new. Not much but it comes from the airbox because there are no return from the airbox to the oilcan like the vectors etc. Could this be why the belts get blown up? Just alittle bit of oil goming out on the belt?

I highly doubt it. I've leaked tons of oil before from rolling my sled and I've never seen it on the clutches or belt.

I'm also getting atleast 1500 KM's per belt. I am very happy with belt life and the cost of a belt. I'm coming of a Rev 04 800x and it chewed threw belts so fast, and they were $60 more.

I have 4100 km's on mine and have had one belt let go. And thats was cause i tried to move the thing with the parking brake on a few hours before, yes yes. I know! :o|

I have 2600 miles on original belt and just changed the slides Yesturday so Im pretty happy with the life of the stk components. The slides had alot of life left in them. Maybe if you guys are going through belts you might want to check your clutch alignment. Just my opinion. I have 3 friends with Nytros and no issues with theres either.

Back