• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snocross seat

sheetwright

Northwoods Snowmobiling Facebook
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 Yamaha SRX
Does anyone know what company makes the snowcross seats for the Nytro? I have seen them in photos and at the shows with a seat that starts out high near the tank, then drops down like a saddle, and back up toward the exhaust. Seems like that would be the best of both worlds, and would make the cornering better in the twists IMO. I know there isn't a ton of cushion on these, but I move around so much and stand that I realy only sit to rest or corner.

Attachments

• Races-Eagle-River.jpg
    Races-Eagle-River.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Snowcross.jpg
    Snowcross.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 581
  • t_nytro_2_490.jpg
    t_nytro_2_490.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 217

I am sure like many of the parts on those sleds they are probably one offs. I know on the early arctic cat open mod sleds and the first year rev mods most of those seats were produced by Boss Seats for the race teams. If you have a good upolstery shop in your area or a guy who makes motorcycle seats you could weld up the pan they could contour the foam to your liking and then cover it for you.

see if you can just buy the seat base for the nytro, or get a used one(if you dont want to cut your stock foam. Fit the seat base and add seat foam until you get the shape you want and glue it all down. If the seat base needs to be cut to get the shape you want, i bet riveting on a thicker gauge sheet metal would be good and strong enough to reshape certain areas of the base.
With things like this really the only option is to dig in yourself and see if it is possible. The only problem i see with making a full metal seat base is that the seat would be hard to fit properly using existing mounting methods (example is the front hooks the lock down front of seat.)
As far as cushioning goes, if you have ever ridden a hardtail mountain bike, most of the time your legs are the cushion as the seat doesnt do much, so just ride it like that if you get into serious bumps.

I'm going to try one place that may know. Cause I like this look here a lot. I stand a lot, and sit to corner. Its totally different then my Apex ride

Attachments

• DSC00253.jpg
    DSC00253.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 716
Not to change the topic, but I want the spindles, foward looking a-arms and the subframe from that black sled which looks to be aluminum. Not to mention the upper ball joints look huge. Click on the pic and zoom in pretty neat stuff.

jp111 said:
Not to change the topic, but I want the spindles, foward looking a-arms and the subframe from that black sled which looks to be aluminum. Not to mention the upper ball joints look huge. Click on the pic and zoom in pretty neat stuff.

Skinz makes a front end like that. Check out www.oftracing.com for details.

It looks like the center of the seat is lower but if you look under the seat it looks like they raised the whole seat.

Back