• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow Tracker nervous steering quandry

Thanks - was asking because it states on the product page "A unique EPS shim pad assembly", and if I look up the part numbers for the shims on the S-TX, it's a different one than the regular shim kit. So maybe I'll just order one and see if the kit has one that is higher than what comes on the sled :).

Thanks - was asking because it states on the product page "A unique EPS shim pad assembly", and if I look up the part numbers for the shims on the S-TX, it's a different one than the regular shim kit. So maybe I'll just order one and see if the kit has one that is higher than what comes on the sled :).
Maybe there is something different then. I thought all of the kits I saw had the same part number but I could be wrong.

I believe the '23 tech update says the EPS models come with a 5.0 shim in the rear and a 0 in the front. The non EPS models use two 0's per ski.

I interpret this to mean Yamaha believes with a 5.0 in the rear, steering effort will be greater, but overall the chassis handles better. EPS in this case masks the steering effort so they run the larger shim.

I believe the '23 tech update says the EPS models come with a 5.0 shim in the rear and a 0 in the front. The non EPS models use two 0's per ski.

I interpret this to mean Yamaha believes with a 5.0 in the rear, steering effort will be greater, but overall the chassis handles better. EPS in this case masks the steering effort so they run the larger shim.
Why would they shim the EPS models any different then the standard model? Not saying your wrong.. Just makes no sense to me, as that's a big shim in the REAR

Why would they shim the EPS models any different then the standard model? Not saying your wrong.. Just makes no sense to me, as that's a big shim in the REAR
That makes sen

That makes sense as to why they would do that with eps. Snowtrackers is where the difference comes in.

So the shim kit comes with 7.5mm I beleive, so if want more rear ski pressure (non snowtracker carbides :) ), seems like I should give that a try.

And sorry for straying off-topic a bit :)

So the shim kit comes with 7.5mm I beleive, so if want more rear ski pressure (non snowtracker carbides :) ), seems like I should give that a try.

And sorry for straying off-topic a bit :)
Maybe start with the smaller shim and work your way up. 7.5 is starting on the maximum thickness.

I'll wait and see what's already in there, but if it already has the 5mm in, 7.5mm is my only option to try something different, isn't it?

My ‘23 LTX LE w/EPS came with the 5.0 shims in the back.

You could also experiment with a 2.5 in the front too if you’re just looking for something different.

After terrible darting on my 21 with Stryke skis I bought the semi aggressive snow trackers. While it needs some fine tuning, it went from a darting nightmare to one handed triple digit machine. I still need to play with it but am extremely happy with them.

I put another 110 mi on my sidewinder with the stryke skis and agressive trackers in a little different conditions. It's not tarable but not as settled as I'm used to with snotrackers. Being I don't have enough snow to test with I put my stock tuners with trackers back on for now.

Back