• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

(Snow Tracker) ski runners

I've heard that they are quite good at eliminating darting and improves handling, however I haven't seen the product in person, nor know anyone using them.

I know you can get them at RoyalDistributing.com or you can check out their website SnowTracker.com and see what Dealers carry them.

Attachments

• snow tracker.jpg
    snow tracker.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 314
ROCKRTX, how many miles do you have on those runners? Are they durable?

I've had to ride a lot of frozen dirt roads, how are they in those conditions? Do they drag?

Grimm,
They last me 2 season,but you got to take care.on early season i use my woody dually because they is not enough snow,you have too keep in my that those runner are deep keel ( got the extreme model ),so if you hit a rock ( or multiple rock ) hard they will chip and wear uneven.I made the mistake with those and put it on early season...they chip ( had to strait thing up with grinder ) and last me 2 season.

I will buy a second set this year and probably will last longer ( if wee have a lot of snow ).

But for handling,darting and overall performance they are the best thing i have ride to date,nothing i know right now are close to this.It is simply point and shoot without darting.

-They do not drag
-They are self sharpening on asphalt

Thank you everyone for your responses I see that two types are offered aggressive and semi-aggressive I mostly ride groomed trails and hard packed roads dont know which one to select I would lean towards the aggressive one but dont want to over do it.

the agressive turn on a dime...the semi agressive turns on a dime too but takes a little more effort..personally im going for the semi agressive on my xtx

Hey guys,
I used these for a good part of last year, great in all conditions and eliminate darting. The aggresive definetely take more effort for turning and you really need to dial in your front ski pressure for the happy medium. The only time I found I didn't like them was in very tight and twisty trails, after a long ride with those trails and snowtrackers your shoulders will be sore. That being said those were the aggresive so maybe the semi's would work better in those conditions. Also hit a rock pretty hard coming off the lake onto the trail and warped the middle blade, had to take them off at a lunch stop and borrow a hammer. Worked but I ended up going back to the Studboy Deuce bars. They just seem to work "very well" in all conditions.

Hey Grimm, I checked the new ones not in just yet! See you in December!

That was my concern as well. With such a tall and narrow profile, I can't see it holding up against a hard hit on a rock versus a beefier runner. And I love running the rocks. :drink:

I scored a pair of Pilot 6.9s to try out on my SE, heard good things and seen them work too. Time will tell.

Snowaholic, I anxiously await my new sled. :winter:

According to their website, the aggressive runner is 1 1/16" tall. Go to their website to find out.

Anyone know how the snowtrackers are for loading and unloading on a trailer?? Looks like they would grab and put you over the bars...

Back