• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow trackers...stumped

20/80

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 APEX LE XTX
Hello everyone, I am posting for a buddy that has a 2007 Rage and I cannot seem to get his Snow trackers to work right, I gave him my tuners off my 16 Apex that have the Aggressive trackers on them with about 400miles on them just like brand new, anyway we followed the instructions letting the strap out all the way and onloading the springs in the front shocks, line up to zero, first test the trackers would not bite sled would pretty much go straight would have a hard time turning, second test add preload on shock springs pretty much same thing happening, long story short we are at full load pressure on front springs and have the track strap pulled up almost to the last hole, steering is abit better but still pushes bad very little bite, my apex handled like its on rails with these skis, is there something in the rages rear skid that would cause this, this sled seems to lift the pressure off the skis when taking off and riding trail, any idea's? thanks for any help

We have tried that also with no better results, I thought there was something about the Rage rear suspension that was a problem back in 2007, not sure what it was or if there is any truth to it, if so this might be the problem I'm reaching though, but having a real hard time dialing in the trackers on this sled, nothing even remotely close to the way my Apex reacted to these skis with the trackers on them, was very easy to dial in, any other idea's guy's? thanks

I have a 2005 rage with stock single keel skis. I know different skid. I installed the aggressive snow trackers. 0 toe out, backed the shock preload off snugged back up a couple turns. Point and go, couldn’t be happier. No skid adjustments made.

where is the transfer rod set? If sled is pulling weight off skis adjust to reduce transfer.

where is the transfer rod set? If sled is pulling weight off skis adjust to reduce transfer.

X2 - You have too much transfer. Was your buddy into doing wheelies before?

Thanks guy's, I am not to familiar with this skid, so the transfer rods you can turn in and out for adjustment? is this correct? also I was thinking where these are saddleless skis he may have used his factory ski rubbers instead of buying the right rubbers to fit the tuners properly, the sled maybe pushing more down weight on the rear of the ski which could be affecting the trackers bite also, just a thought.

Thanks guy's, I am not to familiar with this skid, so the transfer rods you can turn in and out for adjustment? is this correct? also I was thinking where these are saddleless skis he may have used his factory ski rubbers instead of buying the right rubbers to fit the tuners properly, the sled maybe pushing more down weight on the rear of the ski which could be affecting the trackers bite also, just a thought.
On the mono& mono2 rear suspension you only have 1 control rod which looks like a small aluminum shock,he should have a tool in his tool kit which looks like a spanner wrench & it has adjustment markings on it showing min& max,if he has never adjusted this control rod I would recommend removing it from the machine.put the control rod gently in a vise& use a blunt chisel or screwdriver to loosen the nut,I would unthread it& clean/wire brush the threads& apply never seize. Adjust to min spec or you can search for catmans setup which uses a distance measured by tape measure(as shown in this photo)If the rod hasn’t been disassembled,cleaned etc your probably not going to get it loose while on the machine& certainly not with the tool kit spanner wrench, by disassembling& using neverseize it will make it so you can adjust it while it’s on the machine,most people find catmans setup perfect so you may not adjust much once it’s set,this rod controls the transfer of the rear suspension & has a huge impact on handling,

Attachments

• 28092D28-0CEE-4C28-A848-77743F7B8D3A.jpeg
    28092D28-0CEE-4C28-A848-77743F7B8D3A.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 114
On the mono& mono2 rear suspension you only have 1 control rod which looks like a small aluminum shock,he should have a tool in his tool kit which looks like a spanner wrench & it has adjustment markings on it showing min& max,if he has never adjusted this control rod I would recommend removing it from the machine.put the control rod gently in a vise& use a blunt chisel or screwdriver to loosen the nut,I would unthread it& clean/wire brush the threads& apply never seize. Adjust to min spec or you can search for catmans setup which uses a distance measured by tape measure(as shown in this photo)If the rod hasn’t been disassembled,cleaned etc your probably not going to get it loose while on the machine& certainly not with the tool kit spanner wrench, by disassembling& using neverseize it will make it so you can adjust it while it’s on the machine,most people find catmans setup perfect so you may not adjust much once it’s set,this rod controls the transfer of the rear suspension & has a huge impact on handling,
Thank you very much, I have been doing some surfing on TY gathering info, I believe the transfer rod is the problem for sure, again thanks so much guy's.

Back