• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowtrackers on the Tuner Ski

Slightly off topic; I just put the semi agg st's on my 06 Apex with doo 5.7 pilots and ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM. Like going to power steering. No darting what so ever. Will never run anything else. Well, may have to consider the full agg version next time if these don't give me the bite I need.

I found out the hard way and just about turned her over as the ST's grabbed to hard into the corners. For my Venture, this set up I run, seems to be the way to go for my style of riding, mostly trail, 2 up and occasionaly "GIVEN ER":sled2::-o

I have two sets of tuners I bought for my 11 apex and a set for wife's 12 vector . The Tuners are a big improvement over the standard ski for darting but still dart somewhat. I have several setups I have used with different carbides on the inside and out but all dart to a certain extent. My wife following me drops into the tuner track I leave and she darts a lot (I even tried with no carbide for her). I want to try snowtrackers and I can put them on my standard skis but I thought with 2 snowtrackers carbides per tuner ski and the rails might be better than the stock ski with a standard snowtracker setup. Just looking for someone that has went though the effort on the tuner.

Ended up taking off the tuner skis and using the stock skis with the aggressive trackers. WOW!!! These things are the best thing going. NO darting and corners like it is on a rail. Zero Push and goes right where you point it. My wife on her vector was so excited they worked like they do she said it was the best $250 I ever spent on snowmobiling.:)

Great to hear Snowman. A little experimenting and we all can find what is best for our style of riding. Finally got enough snow up here in Manitoba and all the trails are open. TY ride Feb, 18,19,20.:welc: Going to have a blast. Good friends, good food, great snowmobiling on great trails! "LIFES GOOD" KEEP SAFE EVERY ONE.:sled2::-o

Ok these are what I am running now on my tuners I just was confused, thanks for the explanation.
Have a 2015 Apex XTX and was thinking of just putting on the 4 runners. What would be the pros and cons vs. putting on the complete setup on the stock tuners.

The best option is to get rid of the dual keel ski's and put ST's on the older single keel ski's. Much less push and no tracking! Dual keel's are notorious for push!
Where can I get the old type ski ? I have not found any on the web for two months? Is there a New type aftermarket that are VERY close to the old single keep Yamaha ski?

Where can I get the old type ski ? I have not found any on the web for two months? Is there a New type aftermarket that are VERY close to the old single keep Yamaha ski?
Google barn of parts, snowmobile parts. He'll likley have a pair.

Back