• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

snowtrackers

yamahammar

O.K , I've read all the threads on the snowtrackers but I just wanted to make sure I'm getting the info straight . I'm hearing that the "extremes" actually have easier steering than the "semi aggressive" trackers but corner better .

I don't think they steer better, but they corner better. But you WILL loose top speed and gas mileage because of resistance. Have you thought of the Arrow skis?

No loss of top speed or mileage, no darting, and agressive cornering yet light. Too good to be true?? Thats what i heard. Will try next week..

:-o

Rash said:
Dualies also loose top speed and gas mileage, compared to stock.
if you do you lose mph you lose very little,at least thats what i feel.when your sled is parked and you sit on it your sled lifts a little in the front,then when you go down the trail under power it is lifted a little more making for less drag.you really notice when you let off or hit the brakes. :drink:

I just put the extremes on yesterday was amazed at the difference they made.Steers easier and corners very well.Didn't seem to loose any power or speed-2007 Apex-GT. Unrelated question,is there any fix for the extreme ice buildup on the suspension besides putting it the garage to thaw?Thanks :yam:

Thanks for the info , i've got the stock skiis with shaper bars and also pilots with shapers . I think i'm going to put a set of extremes on the pilots and try them .

I'm running STUD BOY DEUCE BAR'S and very satisfied they last forever I've got 8000kms or 5000 miles on a set and still going, my concern with SNOW TRACKERS is snagging and hitting objects like stones, roots, train rail crossings, concrete curbs and side walks etc...just loading on a trailer can be a pain putting extra stress on front "A" arms and spindle bushings!

My .02

hey big dog. i bought a set of mountain skis and snowtracker extremes and the two rear bolts are way too short. how did you get yours to fit ?????

I just called my dealer. He says he ordered my Extremes for the regular Apex skis and they fit my mountains no problem.
I have emailed Andre at Snowtracker to see what he says.

Mine didn't fit the mountains either. Only the stock skis.

Apex08 brings up a valid point. They do catch rocks. I had them on my 6.9 pilots here at home in MN this last Sat. (poor snow conditions) and twice I caught a flat rock in the trail and carried it along down the trail. Both times I had to stop and get rid of the rocks. You know when you drag them along as snow is flying everywhere. Never had that problem for 1000 miles in the UP where the snow conditions were GREAT! Will use Deuce or Doolys here at home, (and push in the corners) and use the Snowtrackers in the UP so I can corner.

KnappAttack said:
Mine didn't fit the mountains either. Only the stock skis.

Will use Deuce or Doolys here at home, (and push in the corners) and use the Snowtrackers in the UP so I can corner.

I use to run DOOLY'S and switched to DEUCE cuz of push in corners, the DEUCE are day and night and I also SHIMMED on the heel and rails in corners...and last forever! and a lot less DRAG.

Been running extremes for about 600miles now and can honestly say they are the best upgrade I have ever spent my money on. Easy (lighter) steering than stock especially on freshly (firm) groomed trails. No loss of top end and seem to wear pretty well. Have banged some pretty good rocks etc and little to now damage or marks.

Back