• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So I want to mod my phazer

07Nytro

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
None right now
I have a stock 07 phazer fx, has all updates, I am worried about my fuel pump relay failing on a cold day...

but I want to mod my phazer up, i love this machine but i was also reading up about reduction gears failing, how can i check if mine might need replacing?

So mods I was thinking are

Some clutch kit (dont know what the best one is for more accel and higher rpm at engage

Some pipe (I was looking at the schmitt pipe but i need a suggestion)
c&A Skis
LED underglow

but i want to know what pipe to use and what clutch kit is best.
Thanks

Brian

Excell pipe is awsome, the Schmidtt looks like one of those pipes you see on a Dodge Neon or a VW Golf that those idiot kids put on, the Excell pipe looks and sounds like it would be on an Audi, or a Porsche. Plus Excell actually dyno tests there products, the other guy just goes in his back yard and takes a video and says it makes more power. Ulmer clutch is sick, also dyno tested. Slydog ski's work great on my Phazer. I have all of these products on my sled along with some other goodies and everything has performed extremely well. I would look at Ulmer racing's site and Excell motorsport site. PM me if you want some other ideas, my sled rips!!!!!!!!!

I have the Ulmer clutch, I have no problems hanging the ski's.

RIGIDONE said:
the Schmidtt looks like one of those pipes you see on a Dodge Neon or a VW Golf that those idiot kids put onquote]

Thats a stupid thing to say, I have a civic with a exhaust can on and it def helps breath with the cold air intake..and its not loud, sounds good.

I have tried a few different pipes. From bike exhaust and aftermarket ones. I now have went back to bike exhaust. It is off of a 08 R1 and it looks and sound great.Do a search under my user name. good luck.

I just saw an Exxcell pipe for sale in the classified section.

I run schmidt bros original single pipe, clutch kit,air pods, sway bar, shim kit (front suspension) etc. Yep, I'm a poster child for them. None of the products have failed me. They are all high quality. The pipe and clutch kit I put on together and they made a nice improvement over stock. There is a nice sweet spot from 11000-11800 or so. Engagement went up a few hundred rpm. The sound of the pipe is great imo, not blatty, or a drone at speed. Raspy super bike sound. The uni air pods make a difference in throttle response.( you can get them from a uni dealer much cheaper than from schmidt bros, excell etc.) The sway bar is a HUGE difference in stability, sidehilling, and cornering. ( probably the best mod I've done, handling is #1 in my book.) This being said I wouldn't be afraid to try ulmer, excell, or haucks stuff. Rigidone seems to have a nice set up. It appears the phazer responds well to most mods out there. I'd try that used excell pipe zook found to start,(cheap experiment) and go from there. Good luck.

zook said:
I have tried a few different pipes. From bike exhaust and aftermarket ones. I now have went back to bike exhaust. It is off of a 08 R1 and it looks and sound great.Do a search under my user name. good luck.
is it ear bleeding loud?
is it a stock pipe?
I am sure a bike exhaust will be cheaper then buying a name brand pipe for the phazer.

The R1 pipe is a tad louder than stock. They are fairly cheep on E-Bay, you just have to watch the prices. It is not that bad of an install either.I'll try to put up a pic.I could only do 1, the others are to big.

Attachments

• 103_4334-1.jpg
    103_4334-1.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 116
The R1 pipe is a tad louder than stock. They are fairly cheep on E-Bay, you just have to watch the prices. It is not that bad of an install either.I'll try to put up a pic.I could only do 1, the others are to big.

Attachments

• 103_4334-1.jpg
    103_4334-1.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 90
All my mods are all form chris at schmidt motorsports. You cant beat any of his stuff. Chris also is like family to me.

Back