• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So is this

subaru2006

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris SBA
how a nytro mtx really performs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W7C54TXQLc

not sure if you have seen this but i am wanting to get into the mountain aspects of snowmobiling... i have never rode a nytro so i cant comment, those that do ride them. tell me these guys are biased..

lol

subaru2006 :yam:

I have a few mods done to my sled. To a smaller level I felt like this (hill climb portion of the video) when riding with some ski doos and Polaris. It is simple, stock it is down 15 horsepower and up 80 pounds compared to the other sleds. It is a good thing they have a strong motor for Boost. That is why everyone is putting a turbo on them.

The nytro is also only classed as a 600 ..... so running one against the 800's is not were it shoudl be run..... but HELL YEAH BOOST :Rockon:

A stock nytro cant compete with the 800's. I was surprised how poorly it matches up after I bought mine.

firegoose said:
A stock nytro cant compete with the 800's. I was surprised how poorly it matches up after I bought mine.

Oh well.. Buddy of mine has a 08 MTX with timbersled rear suspension and a powderclaw track. He outclimbed both M7 and M8 AC sleds last season.

So there is not alot that has to be done to make it perform good. I'm pretty sure he would have hold up with them even with the stock suspension and track too in the right snow conditions.

I would like to see a test with the same sleds but with boost. Run each sled at the same lbs of boost and test performance, ridability, reliability and longevity.

I was supprised how heavy the other sled wet weights were. I thought they would have been closer to 500 lbs. I would like to weigh my sled because i've done everything to drop weight on it.

I think thats an awesome comparison and shows a good representation of yamaha. It's a 4 stroke and it's only 40 lbs heavier then the hcr...for yamaha to be able to bring the weight down that much is an engineering feat. A timbersled suspension will bring down the weight another 20-25 pounds, put a full exhaust system on it which will drop another 7-8 pounds and gain some power and boom you have a reliable mountain sled with around 150 hp and an enormous torque band! Honestly the maverick track isn't worth it's weight in dog crap so swapping it makes a bigger difference than you can comprehend unless you've done it already.

I'm planning on putting a CE on for next year. I sure hope it makes a sizable difference. My buddys all have summits so that hill climb vid is something I live out every day out. The deeper it gets the bigger the gap.

wow.. i guess i always thought the mtx was alot better... i suppose with some upgrades it can be... either way.. its still a yamaha...

subaru2006

firegoose said:
I'm planning on putting a CE on for next year. I sure hope it makes a sizable difference. My buddys all have summits so that hill climb vid is something I live out every day out. The deeper it gets the bigger the gap.

Track Swap will make a fantastic improvement. Been there done that, now read the book.

croc79 said:
justinkredible56,
How's the snow in Logan? I'll be there in April to ride.

It's one for the record books man...Yesterday I went up Franklin basin with 2 pro-rmk's and a 10' m8 and we ran into 3 feet of fresh powder on top of a sick base! Each weekend I keep saying this is the best riding I've ever seen! Here's a picture from the day. You couldn't see where you were going half of the time because of all the pow flying in your face! Let me know when you come down so we can meet up and ride!

Attachments

• 188214_1691725325637_1012878640_31536479_8364363_n.jpg
    188214_1691725325637_1012878640_31536479_8364363_n.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 77
justinkredible56

My mother inlaw lives in Mantua. I'll be there from April Sat 8- Wed 13. Do any of these days work for you? How long have you lived in Logan? I went to USU for my undergrad. I love Cache Valley.

Jordan

I wonder if they rode the Nytro with the stock shock / ski distance.

I think it handles much better with the skis in the most narrow position and less pressure in the front shocks.

I cant tell you why but I am 100% sure I would have made a higher highmark if I rode the Nytro =P

Something aint right!!!

Back