• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So Who’s Snowchecking?

I guess Yamaha does not think people don't care about color or options as long as it says Yamaha on the sled there happy. Which is too bad I think they would sell more and the only way to get a 2020 is by snow check same as cat.
You can also buy in-season this year, snow check only was last season.

Ahh okay guess I miss understood them thought it was Yamaha and cat that could only be snow checked.

GT will be in season. So eventually they will have incentives on them. Arctic Cat did it right by discounting snow checked sleds. There should be an advantage to snow checking. You check a sled, then look 3 months down the road and you can get bran new sleds, mind you 1 year older, for thousands less. The game is messed up.

And I applaud AC and Yamaha both for the spring order only program this year for AC and last year for Yamaha to reduce left over inventory to try and boost up values of a recently purchased sled. POO and DOO still having the issue and will eventually learn this lesson hopefully.

And I applaud AC and Yamaha both for the spring order only program this year for AC and last year for Yamaha to reduce left over inventory to try and boost up values of a recently purchased sled. POO and DOO still having the issue and will eventually learn this lesson hopefully.
Just curious how do you know both doo and poo have an inventory reduction problem? Where does one get those numbers of unsold inventory? Doo sold a lot of 2019s in the Northwoods of the Midwest with epic snow. The western mountains had good snowfall too. Both AC and Yamaha self proclaimed and inventory problem existed for them but imo that was more of over saturation of duplicate products.

Just curious how do you know both doo and poo have an inventory reduction problem? Where does one get those numbers of unsold inventory? Doo sold a lot of 2019s in the Northwoods of the Midwest with epic snow. The western mountains had good snowfall too. Both AC and Yamaha self proclaimed and inventory problem existed for them but imo that was more of over saturation of duplicate products.
I do not know the numbers of unsold sleds from them however looking at hundreds of adds on Craigs List and walking into local dealers there is several non-current Poo/Doo sleds with huge discounts in their showrooms.
Heck there are still some AC and Yamaha left overs if you look on the snowmobile trader website.

I do not know the numbers of unsold sleds from them however looking at hundreds of adds on Craigs List and walking into local dealers there is several non-current Poo/Doo sleds with huge discounts in their showrooms.
Heck there are still some AC and Yamaha left overs if you look on the snowmobile trader website.
Sure AC and Yamaha reported they had too much non current inventory but I’m not sure Poo and Doo have a severe inventory problem? Consumers seem to like Doo and Poo sleds and they sell well. Also Doo and Poo pricing is much less than 2020 Yamahas. Many complaints on TY Ac vs Yamaha for high pricing of the 2020 SW vs the T cat. Imo this is a problem with duplicate sleds and doesn’t make sense to me. To me SW and T cat should be very close in pricing so there is no competitive issue. Imo this is a problem OEM partners need to resolve or it will drive then further apart.

I would of if Yamaha offered the srx in Yamaha blue lol..
buy the cat then comes with track options and better skis

Last edited:
Did any one pick up A new Viper yet? I am curious if the ecu is still made by Cat ,or did they put a yammi one in for 2020?

Back