• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

some 09 stuff from yami site KINDA

I have had probably 100 miles on an '06 Apex GT. The riding position is great. You can still strech if you need to, and I am 6'4" tall. The ONLY issue with the riding position is that being tall, and sitting high I get a lot of wind, and on a cold day (cold as in sub zero F) you really do feel it. Other than that I think it is a good compromise between the extreme (original Rev) and the old style (RX-1) riding positions. Ideally I would like to see the whole adjustability factor come more into the sport. You should be able to adjust seat height, handlebar height, winshield height and handlebar position anywhere from old school to extreme rider forward.

QCRider said:
I have had probably 100 miles on an '06 Apex GT. The riding position is great. You can still strech if you need to, and I am 6'4" tall. The ONLY issue with the riding position is that being tall, and sitting high I get a lot of wind, and on a cold day (cold as in sub zero F) you really do feel it. Other than that I think it is a good compromise between the extreme (original Rev) and the old style (RX-1) riding positions. Ideally I would like to see the whole adjustability factor come more into the sport. You should be able to adjust seat height, handlebar height, winshield height and handlebar position anywhere from old school to extreme rider forward.

Actually to me the old position would be my SRX. If I get off the RX-1 and sit on the SRX I feel like I am sitting on the snow. But on flat trails I still love riding that sled! It's basically a go cart on snow. Something I don't think I'll ever see in a new snowmobile again. =( That sled runs so flat and fast on nice trails...I don't know if any rider forward sled can be ridden like that sled...But that's just me and my azz with lots of miles on 3 of them.

You mention the adjustability. A friend just bought the F1000 LTX and it has all you mentioned. The seat, handlebars, and windshield are all adjustable. Not sure if I liked it or not. But again..I need to ride something for more than 10 miles. I need to put a 300 mile day on one. My friend who bought the 1000 said he was amazed how good he felt at the end of each day...and the ONLY reason he bought the sled was because he blew up his ZR900's Diamond Drive with 1800 miles on it on the 2nd day of a 7 day trip in the UP...so he smoked up a new sled. Even though the ZR was covered under warranty he did not care. He knew he was not riding unless he rented some POS and he also did not trust the diamond drive in that sled anymore. I guess the new ones are different..
But anyhow for him to say he liked it said something because he is WAY old school...

Back