• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Some entertainment for those with no snow...what was your first?

ateick

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
'24 Rene XRS 900R
'18 SR Viper RTX (SOLD)
'20 Poo XCR 850 (SOLD)
Great vid on vintage sled Museum in Cochrane Ontario.

My first was the Massey Ferguson Ski Whizz. Spent more time fixing than riding. Lots of classic Yamaha's.

69 OMC Snow Cruiser, could carry me, sisters, cousins and pull rest of kids on the block behind on inner tubes on set up snow! Remember had trouble sitting on it as wide track was way wider than sitting on other sleds. We pulled inner tubes, old car hoods and even a bus seat on skis behind it with as long as rope as we could find. Good Times!,, I as so glad I grew up when I did !

1989 Arctic Cat Wildcat 650. My Son learned to ride on it at 14. Chip off the old block!

Ski Whizz 500sst. The seat was long enough that four could ride at the same time. When a brother our sister couldn't go our st. bernard would ride in the middle. She could really lean , I miss those days.

A rupp not sure witch one, it had a piece of sheet metal for a hood lol, but fun until dad got us the 77 440 exciter now that thing was awesome!

1969 Boa Ski 292 deluxe. Drove at all around my grandpa's farm.

1969 Ski-do Olympic 300

A 1972 292 snowjet , i couldn't pull it over and had to wait until someone came over to start it for me, LOL.

1978 Polaris Cobra 340. My father fixed it up, but I kept getting it stuck and he'd have to walk to help me get it out (one time he just drove away leaving me to walk back a 1/2 mile!). When I complained how hard it was to get my own son unstuck when he started riding, he laughed and asked me if I ever wondered why he stopped fixing the Cobra. He said he figured if it finally broke completely down, he wouldn't have to help me get unstuck!

Learned to ride on a 78 srx 440 when I was 8-9 years old. My father bought that sled new and just sold it a few years ago, I wasn’t happy

81tc4000_0k2.jpg
1981 Arctic cat Trail Cat

Back