• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Somewhere Near Fargo 21/22 Edition

Biff: I showed my Wife your Go Pro 360 video. She is a photographer by hobby. Amazing Wildlife photographs. Now she is excited to sled with the GoPro 360. We found the extension you used on your helmet. But is there a way to mount that to your helmet? Without drilling? Thanks for looking. We are considering mounting a pole on the rear of my Vector because I fabricated a gas can holder for it. I copied 20/80”s. Gas can mount and modified. Works great! Have 2 seasons on it. Only 1.5 gallons. But better than nothing P.S. I just found your Paul Bunyan Trail bridge crossing videol I just moved to Brrmedji” Lol! Trails are great! Now thanks to you she wants a drone. Lol! Just want to show the Grandchildren what we are up to. In a format they will appreciate! P.S. She created MP3 Jamboree.com. Before Metallica went to congress and shut her down. I went to the mailbox. After all the dot.coms we’re busted and she recieved a $2400.00 check. For people clicking on her ads! The Good old days!

Last edited:

Biff: I showed my Wife your Go Pro 360 video. She is a photographer by hobby. Amazing Wildlife photographs. Now she is excited to sled with the GoPro 360. We found the extension you used on your helmet. But is there a way to mount that to your helmet? Without drilling? Thanks for looking. We are considering mounting a pole on the rear of my Vector because I fabricated a gas can holder for it. I copied 20/80”s. Gas can mount and modified. Works great! Have 2 seasons on it. Only 1.5 gallons. But better than nothing P.S. I just found your Paul Bunyan Trail bridge crossing videol I just moved to Brrmedji” Lol! Trails are great! Now thanks to you she wants a drone. Lol! Just want to show the Grandchildren what we are up to. In a format they will appreciate! P.S. She created MP3 Jamboree.com. Before Metallica went to congress and shut her down. I went to the mailbox. After all the dot.coms we’re busted and she recieved a $2400.00 check. For people clicking on her ads! The Good old days!
Love to be the inspiration for your Credit Card bills. (smile) It's so fun once it comes together.

The short posts I have been using implement the GoPro standard bases. So I have them stuck on, and I use the curved ones for a helmet. My 509 helmet had one integrated from the factory. But after breaking three of them, I stuck a GoPro mount on and stopped replacing the garbage from 509.

The super short 6" may look like an antenna, but it takes such good video, I don't mind. I just have to be careful walking through doorways if I leave my brain bucket on. I tip it back slightly as I am careful where the "stitch line" is with most of what I am framing.

Mounting on the sled is what I want to do more, to get more shots of myself. Having 360 does allow you to take vibration and movement out of the equation. Reframing a shot in post production is even cooler. I may mount it upside down in the center ceiling of my fish house to catch action that I miss while swinging a traditional gopro around on a selfie stick like Harry Potter and a wand!

Bemidji is a great area and some of the best snow in the state this year. I hope to be ripping up the Paul Bunyan State forest on Sunday/Monday. Woo woo, love holidays!

One of my first Tik Tok videos shows why you want a thin stick and I use actual screws in the GoPro mount rather than thumbs screws. This allows the camera stitching to literally eliminate the pole

1642089521361.png

Last edited:
Paul Bunyan trail was awesome last weekend. We rode out of Pequot Lakes.

Paul Bunyan trail was awesome last weekend. We rode out of Pequot Lakes.
We have so much snow, that I need to plow a road across my yard to get my SXS on the lake. We have had to ride sled out to the fish house. Not the worst thing, but the General is a four seater and more festive, with cup holders and heat!

Love to be the inspiration for your Credit Card bills. (smile) It's so fun once it comes together.

The short posts I have been using implement the GoPro standard bases. So I have them stuck on, and I use the curved ones for a helmet. My 509 helmet had one integrated from the factory. But after breaking three of them, I stuck a GoPro mount on and stopped replacing the garbage from 509.

The super short 6" may look like an antenna, but it takes such good video, I don't mind. I just have to be careful walking through doorways if I leave my brain bucket on. I tip it back slightly as I am careful where the "stitch line" is with most of what I am framing.

Mounting on the sled is what I want to do more, to get more shots of myself. Having 360 does allow you to take vibration and movement out of the equation. Reframing a shot in post production is even cooler. I may mount it upside down in the center ceiling of my fish house to catch action that I miss while swinging a traditional gopro around on a selfie stick like Harry Potter and a wand!

Bemidji is a great area and some of the best snow in the state this year. I hope to be ripping up the Paul Bunyan State forest on Sunday/Monday. Woo woo, love holidays!

One of my first Tik Tok videos shows why you want a thin stick and I use actual screws in the GoPro mount rather than thumbs screws. This allows the camera stitching to literally eliminate the pole

View attachment 165232
If you guys make it up to Bemidji. You have to check out the Movil Maze. Craziest snowmobile trail I have ever been on. Can’t wait to vidieo that one. Talk about making people Dizzy! Thanks for your reply Biff!

If you guys make it up to Bemidji. You have to check out the Movil Maze. Craziest snowmobile trail I have ever been on. Can’t wait to vidieo that one. Talk about making people Dizzy! Thanks for your reply Biff!
I thought that was just a mountain bike course? It would be cool to see if it is open to sleds as well.

BTW, here is a direct shot taken from my GoPro Max from above. The stitching takes the pole out. There is a little distortion, but nothing crazy.

1642091671297.png

I thought that was just a mountain bike course? It would be cool to see if it is open to sleds as well.

BTW, here is a direct shot taken from my GoPro Max from above. The stitching takes the pole out. There is a little distortion, but nothing crazy.

View attachment 165235
The Movil Maze is open to sleds rode it Last weekend! You can see it on North Country snowmobile club maps! As a matter of fact. That trail is so crazy! If I had not had a Garmin Nuvi with VV mapping on my dash. We might still be back there! Lol! Thanks for all the help I have received on here about that setup! From you and others. We do not have communicators yet they are on the way thanks to Sailor Joe’s write up. So I had to tell her follow me. And it worked. I could not believe what I was seeing on the screen in front of me. It wore her out even with Power Steering. Definitely worth the trip. Even if you have to trailer.

Last edited:

View attachment 165235
What Software do you use?

What Software do you use?
In Windows I use Cyberlink PowerDirector/Audio Director. But I have found my iPad Pro edits video way faster than any windows box. So I will use the simple GoPro Quik app for quick edits. And even run it on my iPhone if I want to throw up a quick clip at lunch while out riding.

The iPad will handle 4k video so much better than most. But my Surface is no slouch. It just all depends on if I am making a long edit, or something quick. Honestly, nobody wants to watch 20 minute videos anymore. My 30 second to 2 min clips get more views.

I just posted a 5 second clip of my family from texas riding in -21f weather, on Tik Tok and it's way over 50,000 views right now. So who knows what anyone wants to see.

Biff: Thank you very much for your reply! I got to experiment. With the Go Pro Max 360 today. Took a couple of laps around the house today. A work in progress indeed. At least the dogs were excited. Lol! I need to figure out a new pole. The Movil Maze is worth the trip. If you make it. At least I tested my new Oxygen helmet. And that went well. Winter does not suck. It’s just short!

I am truly sick of this -20f crap. We did get 85 miles in on MLK day last Monday. Of course Mondays mean trail are beat up and bars are closed. But we made the most of it.

Watch this one on YouTube for the full 360 experience

I got bashed on the MN snowmobile riders facebook group for going too fast for the conditions. I told him, I go out of my way to ride right, slow down and stand up on crests and control my speed as much as possible. But his statement of, "by the RPM's it's obvious you are going way too fast"

So as petty as I am, I told him it's a high revving four stroke and he may be out of line. I said you have about an hour to edit your post, or retract it, as I will go back and show the clip with the GPS telemetry overlaid to prove a point. He continued to bash me and call names, so I posted it up. I publicly apologized for breaking the statewide MN speed limit, as I got to 53 on the straights and averaged around 25-30mph through most of the video. He has yet to comment back.

Facebook? I call it farcebook! Great video. Biff! I am constantly telling my Wife and children. To stand up at hill crests. And stay to the right. And had to explain to her. That’s why I am wearing a bright Yellow Motorcross helmet. Cause she said it will not match your sled. I informed her at least they can see it! Coming. I even have to point out. My road in front of my new house to her. That you need to slow down. And treat this like a snowmobile trail. If you come over a hill. Too fast. And meet another vehicle your going to kiss a tree! Or have a head on. Unfortunately I have seen some carnage on the trails. I guess that’s why I usually lead? Stay safe out there.

Last edited:

Back