• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Southwestern lower MI (Benton Harbor, Niles, Dowagiac area)

Thanks for the update. It's very hard to judge by cams. And all I want to do is a quick day ride everything is getting so expensive and this area is about 30-45 min away. Keep me updated its been awhile since I've ridden those trails.

Thanks

they changed the watch to a warning so thats good news!! they say maybe a foot around here by saturday night. remember that its lake effect so who really knows where it will fall. this snow is very dry. i bet you could shovel with the leaf blower.i hope the moisture content skyrockets.

Buchanan 8" + on the ground now and still coming down. Northwest side of Niles same or better. Areas of South bend same. Berrien springs 4", buddy in Eau Clair (not to far from M-140 drop off)can still see his tire tracks from yesturday in his driveway and there was only 2", Coloma nothing at all so far today. So the short of it is it might be ridable in Buffalo run but it is all powder on top of frozen ground so first two sleds are gunna love it rest of them will take the beating. So it really is powder and it probably aint groomed.

Just woke up for work, another 4" since midnight. This "seems" to have a little more moisture. I would say that Buffalo run would be good to run on. Don't know about Coloma or niles but will find out this mourning at work.

Tried to go to work, over an hour and a half to go ten miles and turn around and go home. Couldn't even see my tracks. Called my buddy in Coloma to let him know and he said he has over a foot to. He lives right at the F.O.P. drop off in Coloma. Shoveled a path for the dogs to do there thing and found a 5 gallon bucket. Couldn't even see where it was before hand. Not one road plowed and snowing like heck now.

getting close to that much at my house. i live close to where trail 12 (edwardsburg) and trail 59 (niles) hook up.

hope you got your riding in. the groomers have been out doing everything possible. BUT the trails have been beat up pretty good with all the traffic. the wooded areas are dirty and some of the fields are still pretty good but others are not. we are supposed to get system snow mid week so lets hope its heavy wet snow!! it sure felt good to ride again. :-o

We are heading to Allegan on friday evening. my buddy has a place on Baseline lake. Hoping to meet up with gravedigger and family. let us know if your going to be in that area.

Back