• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spark Plugs

Hp should stay the same although dual ground path should make them less susceptible to cold fouling

Ulmer says that the EK series of plugs only really help you when running 87 octane. which i would never do unless it is all you can get!

BBNytro said:
Ulmer says that the EK series of plugs only really help you when running 87 octane. which i would never do unless it is all you can get!

Dyno results show a 2 hp gain with the CR10EK plugs, and the octane topic has been beat to death ! 87 is all you're supposed to run in these sleds, check your manual.

what you really need to ask yourself is, why are you running 91 octane? the sled only requires 87, anything above that (especially at higher elevation) is wasting money and performance.

you want to run the lowest octane you can run without causing detonation in the motor. this motor was designed for low octane regular fuel. you do not increase performance at all by taking a stock motor and running premium fuel. and in some cases you are hurting the performance by using too much octane. also higher octane gets purchased alot less than lower grade fuels, sometimes you might be getting ALOT older fuel than what you think you are getting.

the cr10eks show power gains at the dyno but not anything you will feel in the seat of your pants. it is like 1-2 hp (maybe) with the right conditions. i run them in mine and cannot tell a definate difference from the stockers.

for the guys that can, my hats off to you, cause i cant. ski

skidooboy said:
what you really need to ask yourself is, why are you running 91 octane? the sled only requires 87, anything above that (especially at higher elevation) is wasting money and performance.

you want to run the lowest octane you can run without causing detonation in the motor. this motor was designed for low octane regular fuel. you do not increase performance at all by taking a stock motor and running premium fuel. and in some cases you are hurting the performance by using too much octane. also higher octane gets purchased alot less than lower grade fuels, sometimes you might be getting ALOT older fuel than what you think you are getting.

the cr10eks show power gains at the dyno but not anything you will feel in the seat of your pants. it is like 1-2 hp (maybe) with the right conditions. i run them in mine and cannot tell a definate difference from the stockers.

Thanks man i just thought the 91 octane is better on your engine.

skidooboy said:

Hijack :Rockon: ski that is a sweet motard you got there why dont you bring that slick ride out to utah and do a few lap`s at miller motorsports park we have one of if not the best supermoto track`s in the country :Rockon: and sbk is coming back again this year and spies just took superpole on the new R1 his first time on the track go yamaha :yam:

cnynrnr13, my friend andrew hyder is an am 250 lites pro, he cant say enough good about the miller complex, he loves the place. wished i could make it out there, just a long haul from michigan.

that pic is from 07, the bike is alot more like a graves motorsports bike now. marchesini wheels and everything.

sorry for the thread jack, now back to your regularly threaded programming. ski

skidooboy said:
cnynrnr13, my friend andrew hyder is an am 250 lites pro, he cant say enough good about the miller complex, he loves the place. wished i could make it out there, just a long haul from michigan.

that pic is from 07, the bike is alot more like a graves motorsports bike now. marchesini wheels and everything.

sorry for the thread jack, now back to your regularly threaded programming. ski
skidooboy
"what you really need to ask yourself is, why are you running 91 octane? the sled only requires 87, anything above that (especially at higher elevation) is wasting money and performance."

Well I run 91 octane because it does not have any ethanol in it. Ethanol will drop fuel mileage by 10 to 15%. If you leave it for a period of time it will collect water. So it will never be going in my sled. I think you are backwards on your octane theory.

Thought I would get in on the octane discussion. I too have been running 91 since new until one day by accident i ran 87 of course I though I was screwed but I NEVER noticed a difference in power at any elevation. (up to 6500 ft)

Back