• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

spec difference on a '08 Vec 40th Anniversary?

Delta_T

Lifetime Member
Friend of mine is looking to buy 2008 Vector GT 40th Anniversary Edition and asked me for some tips and advice. After all, I have a RS Vector too (and happy with it).
But I can't see a difference between a '08 Vector GT versus a 40t Anniversary Edition, apart from the decals and color scheme.
Are there more differences?

Delta_T said:
Friend of mine is looking to buy 2008 Vector GT 40th Anniversary Edition and asked me for some tips and advice. After all, I have a RS Vector too (and happy with it).
But I can't see a difference between a '08 Vector GT versus a 40t Anniversary Edition, apart from the decals and color scheme.
Are there more differences?

First winter with my 08 40th, just curious how much the seller/dealer is askign for the sled your buddy is looking at?

I was also under the impression that only the 40th model came with the GYTR front clickers, am I wrong?

We went over to see the 40th and I must say, the sled looks great, not a scratch on it. It is a low mileage one with only something like 1200 clicks on it.
His asking price was 8850 Canadian, which includes new studs, Cobra head carbides (I have them on mine, works great) a cover and an Ontario trail pass (worth $250). We got the price down to 8600, but after sleeping over it and looking at the weather forecast, my friend declined.
We also found one in NY comparable with the one we have seen. It's a lot cheaper ($6500) but is not studded, no aftermarket carbides etc.. We are still thinking about that one. The sure are cheaper south.

First winter with my 08 40th, just curious how much the seller/dealer is askign for the sled your buddy is looking at?

I was also under the impression that only the 40th model came with the GYTR front clickers, am I wrong?[/quote]

all the gt and ltx gt have the gytr clickers.

Delta_T said:
We went over to see the 40th and I must say, the sled looks great, not a scratch on it. It is a low mileage one with only something like 1200 clicks on it.
His asking price was 8850 Canadian, which includes new studs, Cobra head carbides (I have them on mine, works great) a cover and an Ontario trail pass (worth $250). We got the price down to 8600, but after sleeping over it and looking at the weather forecast, my friend declined.
We also found one in NY comparable with the one we have seen. It's a lot cheaper ($6500) but is not studded, no aftermarket carbides etc.. We are still thinking about that one. The sure are cheaper south.
In all honesty that sounds like a fair price, even if the pass was a 2010.

From what I am gathering, these 40th's command a premium price and are somewhat in demand, at least in my neck of the woods.

U.S. is cheaper by far but don't forget to factor in the RIV, gas, duty etc, still won't total $8600 but $6500 will be $7000+ after all is said and done.

oldsledhead said:

I was also under the impression that only the 40th model came with the GYTR front clickers, am I wrong?

all the gt and ltx gt have the gytr clickers.[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know ;)!

Irv said:

From what I am gathering, these 40th's command a premium price and are somewhat in demand, at least in my neck of the woods.

U.S. is cheaper by far but don't forget to factor in the RIV, gas, duty etc, still won't total $8600 but $6500 will be $7000+ after all is said and done.

I agree, the price was fair, but I don't think it was a 'steal' especially being almost at the end of the season.

We did the math as much as possible, factoring in the studs ($400), carbides (200) cover (300), the 2011 pass and the difference in HST etc. and there was still a difference of over $ 600 for virtually identical sleds.

If you are interested, the 40th for sale here.

Delta_T said:
Irv said:

I agree, the price was fair, but I don't think it was a 'steal' especially being almost at the end of the season.

We did the math as much as possible, factoring in the studs ($400), carbides (200) cover (300), the 2011 pass and the difference in HST etc. and there was still a difference of over $ 600 for virtually identical sleds.

If you are interested, the 40th for sale here.

Thanks but 1 is enough for me. (I also own a 95 XLT SP which is my son's sled)
Good luck with your search. ;)!

bluemissile said:
what year is the rs, what year did they change the chassis.

08 was the first year the Delta 2 chasis became available in a Vector, same as this sled.

Back