• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Speedo failure

Bluebullet

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 sidewinder LTX GT, 2010 Apex LTX GT
So here's the deal, Had my lower driveshaft bearing go out 2 weeks ago, Replaced the bearing with an old but in good shape bearing. Could not get a speed sensor locally so kept riding with Tors bypassed and no speedo. Ordered parts online. Spring is knocking on the door!. Received speed sensor and replaced before yesterdays ride. bearing still looks good. Hooked back up tors, ( Had to spin the track in stand to clear code 42 speed failure) All codes clear, speedo worked in stand. Loaded sled in truck and unloaded to start my ride. Speedo not working all the time, cutting in and out all day. seemed to stay good below 60 mph, above it was cutting out. End of the day we did 194 miles with my odo saying 151....... All my connections plugs were snapped in when changing the wire harness. I am thinking maybe the little gear wheel might be slightly damaged? ( I cleaned and inspected it after the damaged bearing) and looked good. Maybe speedo wire pinched and or bad connector? One of those wired things going on......... Maybe lift battery leads to reset the system? Any one else experience something like this?

Back