• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Split Rail Skis ...

blahie

With the season coming to an end I would be interested in anyone who is running Split Rail Skis to provide a review. To this point, there seems to be very little discussion on this subject. Are they the cutting edge technology initially promised or are they falling short in real world application?

Talked to a guy on an RTX the other day that has them. He said they are worth the money and are a great ski.

there are many topics on these skis...currently one in the ski/suspension forum....I tested them last season and can't say enough good things about them...excellent product that are perfectly suited to the Nytro!

I installed a set in January, have put 1500km on them. Best upgrade I have ever done on a sled. Steering effort decreased, rails through the corners. I have added 10-15km faster through the bush. Hydro-planes on top through deep snow.

Yamatario said:
I installed a set in January, have put 1500km on them. Best upgrade I have ever done on a sled. Steering effort decreased, rails through the corners. I have added 10-15km faster through the bush. Hydro-planes on top through deep snow.
what happens when you stop on top of deep snow?

multi sled said:
Yamatario said:
what happens when you stop on top of deep snow?
They dropped back down. I can only compare to stock skis and not mountain. For the deep snow we have had since I have them on they are better than stock.

How did you guys get them???? I ordered a set in November, left deposit, and was promised late December, early January delivery. Well it turns out them just made the ski for Ski Doo, not the Nytro. Rob (the owner) called to apologize and to return my deposit as they are not producing any this year, so how did you manage to get a pair??????????????

Mine are mounted on my 09 Nytro XTX.

I was suprised to see pictures of the skies crossing water on their website!! That was my main concern on these

krysFly said:
maybe its just the 08? would it be so different?

That could be the difference as Yamaha made a spindle angle change from 08 to 09.

the 08 could use it the most, I think that's a mistake on their part not to fabricate for that model. Now I bought a different set of ski that I am pretty happy with, so I cant spend another $900 (more like $1000 with the carbides)

krysFly said:
the 08 could use it the most, I think that's a mistake on their part not to fabricate for that model. Now I bought a different set of ski that I am pretty happy with, so I cant spend another $900 (more like $1000 with the carbides)
That is too bad to hear as on the web site they include the 08 Nytro. These skis are awesome and i agree the change on the 08 would be scary. you would have to strap your self to the sled to stay on.

Back