• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spoke to Dennis Boivin Regarding Bolts Sheering

Shane

Expert
Website
www.fa.ml.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 YAMAHA VIPER LTX SE
2015 Ski-Doo 800 XRS Renegade
2012 Ski-Doo 600 ace
2010 Ski-Doo 600 e-tec GTX Limited
2007 Polaris Dragon 120
Dennis just called me back. I left him a message last night. Now that is service. He said that in the manual it clearly states that all bolts need to be re-torqued to 50 lb./ft. after the first 100 - 200 km. I did not do that so I have to assume responsibility for the problem. He is sending me a new bolt and washers today. He also said that they will likely be issuing a service bulletin to this affect.

Thanks Dennis. You are a class act. ;)!

good to hear, I didnt realize that either. Mine is at about 500km on the skid. Well i know what Ill be doing today.

Thanks Shane

Shane said:
Dennis just called me back. I left him a message last night. Now that is service. He said that in the manual it clearly states that all bolts need to be re-torqued to 50 lb./ft. after the first 100 - 200 km. I did not do that so I have to assume responsibility for the problem. He is sending me a new bolt and washers today. He also said that they will likely be issuing a service bulletin to this affect.

Thanks Dennis. You are a class act. ;)!

I must have a different manual. I read thru mine a few times, no where does it say to re torque any bolts.

I can see checking the ones that don't have loctite on them.
But why would you want to re torque a bolt that has loctite applied, makes no sense.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Since we are on the topic of customer service, I E-mailed Jeff about the rubber bumper issue, and got a rather quick response (considering the holiday's and production time) Picture's were sent upon request. I will post when I get a definitive response from AD. It may not appear to everyone that they are working on our site, but they are definitely working on giving us answers to our questions about their suspension. I have a rubber issue, but the suspension is great from what I have seen.

192 Woodys said:
Since we are on the topic of customer service, I E-mailed Jeff about the rubber bumper issue, and got a rather quick response (considering the holiday's and production time) Picture's were sent upon request. I will post when I get a definitive response from AD. It may not appear to everyone that they are working on our site, but they are definitely working on giving us answers to our questions about their suspension. I have a rubber issue, but the suspension is great from what I have seen.

What is this rubber issue you are referring to? Thanks

Went through the suspension tonight with the torque wrench and found several that were in need of tightening.

On the left side (sitting on the sled) I have a bunch of rubber mushed up in the revolver(around the pin hole). On the other side it "appears" normal. I'm sure I will hear from AD within the next couple of days about the situation, I WILL post when I hear something from them. I't will not be my ideas, it will be their responses. I'm sure it will come.

Back