• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sr Viper Weight

Race_blue60 said:
around 20lbs lighter than nytro, side by side down trail nytro still pulls top end but viper is smoother compared to nytros low end grunt and torque

My Nytro had no top end. Your telling me this sled is worse? I can't imagine that's possible.

If you got the Nytro for topend you were setup to fail,The Nytro went from 0-60 very fast with a top speed of 100-105. It is a rough trail sled not a lake racer

SledFreak said:
I heard the viper is 129hp because of the exhaust.

Only time will tell when this thing lands on more than one dyno. That number was never mentioned at the showing. Everyone there said it was the same as a Nytro around 135HP. Soon enough the truth will come out.

journeyman said:
SledFreak said:
I heard the viper is 129hp because of the exhaust.

Only time will tell when this thing lands on more than one dyno. That number was never mentioned at the showing. Everyone there said it was the same as a Nytro around 135HP. Soon enough the truth will come out.

If Heelclickers work as well in the 2014 Viper as they did in my 02, I'll be tickled with 135hp....

F7 Racer said:
Heard 128hp........thats a shame !! Cat 1100NA was 123hp

I'm not sure about the 128hp for the Viper, but I can tell you Cat has to be stretching the truth on the 1100 NA pulling 123hp. Jump off my Nytro and onto My Dad's Cat and it feels like you just lost 40 HP not 10 HP.

If you have never rode to the two back to back I will do my best to explain... Punch the Cat 1100 NA... and you get a WAAAAA and the speedo starts to count up at a fairly quick but still relaxed pace. Punch the Nytro and you get a VROOOM and the speedo literally jumps.

I hope that helps explain the difference. :jump:

To think that some diehard Cat fans are upset that the 1100 NA Suzuki twin will be replaced by the 1049 triple just makes me shake my head. I know one Cat fan for sure is ready to dump his 1100 for the Yamaha engine and that's my Dad... Die hard since 1971 and plenty of repair bills to show for it!

2008 Nytro RTX said:
If you got the Nytro for topend you were setup to fail,The Nytro went from 0-60 very fast with a top speed of 100-105. It is a rough trail sled not a lake racer

I didn't buy it FOR top end but when 115 hp 600`s ride side by side across the lake with a 140 hp sled that's a problem. My understanding was it was the chassis that slowed the sled down. We know the cat chassis doesn't have a problem with top end so I can't imagine this sled would be slower.

Bpatch50 said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:

I didn't buy it FOR top end but when 115 hp 600`s ride side by side across the lake with a 140 hp sled that's a problem. My understanding was it was the chassis that slowed the sled down. We know the cat chassis doesn't have a problem with top end so I can't imagine this sled would be slower.

Umm any 4 stroke regardlees of manufacture it takes more hp out of a 4 stroke to compete with a lower hp 2 stroke.Its the hp to weight issue.

pro116 said:
Bpatch50 said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:

Umm any 4 stroke regardlees of manufacture it takes more hp out of a 4 stroke to compete with a lower hp 2 stroke.Its the hp to weight issue.

Ya, I'm not so sure about that as the New Apex is fast on top end, especially on ice and its a tank.

if anyones looking to for top end out of nytro you bought the wrong sled, youll need to regear no if ands or buts around it or put around 2000 in it which now were talking apex price range anyway,..remember nytro came out of the box with 21T on top it was bred a ditch banger but got walked on going through the woods, viper is the answer for im guessing the younger non brand preferenced generation up and coming that wants to play, beat through the woods to get to the next set of highlines and look cool doing it, yamaha 4stroke 0 maintenance has teenager written all over it..just hope the cat electricals hold up.

If I get one, a gear change sounds like a must!!!

That sled should run 100 mph all day! (500 lbs & 135 plus hp)

U P riders don't need corner to corner quickness, just a good all around speed!

Gear changes are no biggy I guess!

SHOULD be easy lol except now with viper you have to remove oil tank, electrials, and reverse.. Im sticking with leftover 2013 or $9000 2014 nytro since 2008 they lost weight and got stronger not to mention everything prior nytro owners learned with how to make them work for themselves AND still hav $3000 extra to put into motor,pipes,clutch, gears etc.. I just dont see this going over as well as yamaha was hoping for and im diehard yamaha through and through..maybe next year..SR...X?! ;-)

The SR Viper will be right around 505-510lbs I bet. No way it's going to be under 500. Not with a 3 cyl 4-cycle. The Vipers exhaust is also all mandrel bent tubing and shorter. If there's any HP loss at all, it will be hardly measurable, and possibly add a little TQ at low/mid RPM's..

The Cat 1100T is 667lbs fully wet. Do the math. 65lbs fuel, 7lbs of crankcase oil, 8lbs of antifreeze/coolant. 80lbs of fluids. 667-80 = 587lbs dry weight.....

Cat also exagerates a little on light weight and HP, as always.

COLDONE said:
If I get one, a gear change sounds like a must!!!

That sled should run 100 mph all day! (500 lbs & 135 plus hp)

U P riders don't need corner to corner quickness, just a good all around speed!

Gear changes are no biggy I guess!

I don't know where in the U P you ride but all I do up there is corner to corner, the only place to go fast is lake gogebic and the railroad grades. BORING!

Back