• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Star skid relocation kit question

I would think that should be plenty. You have it being reinforced on two edges plus bolting in the skid will also fix it in place. Mine is the older style

So I've finally got around to pulling the skid, I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly before I go cutting rivets and drilling holes. It just lays over the top of the existing plate I assume. Some of the rivets line up, I also assume I add ones in places where holes are drilled

E2FyfJZ.jpg

cfTi0qz.jpg

I figured out what rivets come out, but I'm not certain I have the washer in the correct spot. Are you supposed to relocate the bracket for the front skid to the new hole? You get 1 washer per side, 1 bolt and nut, and rivets which I'm using and obviously the bracket. I thought the washer was used as a spacer to go behind the bracket as seen in the photos below, but now I'm not certain. I would think you'd want something on the front but maybe the tunnel reinforcement plate thats already there is enough?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 68
Did the relocate kit not come with any instructions or something? It seems like these details should be laid out for you in the instructions. Not being sarcastic just wondering.

Did the relocate kit not come with any instructions or something? It seems like these details should be laid out for you in the instructions. Not being sarcastic just wondering.

No, no instructions came with it. Went to their website and theres nothing there either.

It’s been awhile but I’m pretty sure when I did mine I put the washer in between the tunnel and plate and moved the factory bracket to the new location like in your last pic.

So the answer I got was the flat washer usually goes on the outside of the tunnel in the new front skid mounting spot, they don't care about the gap left between the plate and tunnel on the front skid bolt on the inside but putting the washer behind it is fine, could make the suspension install a little tighter but shouldn't be an issue. They don't move the triangular plate, but I've already relocated it so I'm not going to worry about it.

Back