• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Steering Damage How to repair?

YamahaHoss

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha RS Venture
I hit a tree with my RS Venture TF 2015, and besides the front end damage--I think I sprung the steering column because my upper body panel up past the gas tank is not sitting correctly now after the accident? WHere do you think it might have bent just enough to move that panel? Or how can I really tell? ALso--do I have to remove the motor if the steering column is bent? (down by the bulkhead--the tie rod ends now rub on the right side of the engine block--although I know the spindle is 15/16 in pushed back on the top which would have pushed the tie rod ends back...) )

you have a bent/twisted bulkhead. brother bent his on 13 rs venture gt with a rock hit on the head of the lower a arm bolt boondocking. found it when i was installing battery tender leads onto battery. tie rod was rubbing on engine block.

you have a bent/twisted bulkhead. brother bent his on 13 rs venture gt with a rock hit on the head of the lower a arm bolt boondocking. found it when i was installing battery tender leads onto battery. tie rod was rubbing on engine block.
so should I plan on getting the entire bulkhead not just the right side? And do you think I twisted the frame? (how could I measure to tell if frame is twisted?)

odds are just the bulkhead but the steering hoop might have moved and would need to be dismounted to see if it is twisted. look at the rivits/bolts that hold the hoop on and see if they look loose/shifted.

odds are just the bulkhead but the steering hoop might have moved and would need to be dismounted to see if it is twisted. look at the rivits/bolts that hold the hoop on and see if they look loose/shifted.
Thank you

it goes over the fuel tank under the plastics. it attaches above the foot well on each side of the tunnel.

Back