• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock Clutch question

Yellow-Silver-Yellow

Thanks Srxspec,

Thanks Srxspec, I think I have a yellow purple yellow I will recheck my photos and post tomarrow sled has not run the same since first oil change was done. No belt ware on top 3/4'' of primary

is there any clutch spacers on (3 bolts on back) a stock 06' ER or does it come w/out any. just wondering how many you can put on as mine already has 1 shim.

shims

you only need to add if your belt is to low in secondary, if you add 1 washer
it should be enough.

Sorry this took so long but I finally got photos of my clutches. Could someone take a look and let me know what you think. It looks like the belt dose not climb high enough on the primary clutch and sets too low on the secondary. I weigh about 290 with gear. and would like to tap into this lost performance. Sled has about 1500 miles on it top speed has ben about 113 (Speedo)on forest road never had a chance to run it on a lake that was plowed or had a well astablished trail. At this time i dont have rpm data but could have that later. Please let me know what you think Thanks
Snert

Attachments

• ClutchPhotos07Attak-004F.JPG
    ClutchPhotos07Attak-004F.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 91
  • ClutchPhotos07Attak-004F (1).JPG
    ClutchPhotos07Attak-004F (1).JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 85
  • ClutchPhotos07Attak-004F (2).JPG
    ClutchPhotos07Attak-004F (2).JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 95
  • ClutchPhotos07Attak-004F (3).JPG
    ClutchPhotos07Attak-004F (3).JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 93
Looks like your belt is slipping and not shifting out fully. I would try a spring with same engagment but lower full shift before you starting adding weight. Also, clean your clutch with some acetone and light scotch brite pad to remove the rubber off your sheaves.

The blackening of your sheaves is typical of the stock clutching, IMO.

My Dalton setup is clean.

SNERT HEAD said:
Ive considered a clutch kit but with so many choices its hard to sort out

ULMER or PROLINE, Ulmer and he is always here to help you! :Rockon:

Make sure you add the 23 top gear as well. If was me Send your Primary clutch to Allen and have it machined.

Back