• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock GT Riser to Stock Mountain Riser Worked Great

Snowmobileaddict

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. The mountain riser was 2.75" taller than the stock '06 GT riser. Now my bars are right where I want them to be. I can sit up close to the tank and turn the bars lock to lock without the hooks grazing my knees/thighs. Plus, I can still see the instrument cluster just fine.

I like the factory look that the mountain riser maintains, plus the prices was right. I had $85.00 into this upgrade and it didn't require a longer throttle cable.

Here are some photos including a before and after side-by-side.

Attachments

• riser.jpg
    riser.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 269
  • Riser Comparison.jpg
    Riser Comparison.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 345

Looks good, I ended up with the rox 2" riser so I could pivot the bars alittle forward which I needed. But the mtn riser looks alot better!

I used the pivot one from powerman and love it because. I could move the bars forward and up 2". Yamaha should make the bars taller.

Riser part #

I really like the look of this riser... you say mountain riser is that a model of sled? I would like to buy this, but I do not know what I am looking for.

I bought the stock handle bar riser that comes on the Apex Mountain.

You also need the longer bolts for the taller riser.

Here are the Yamaha part Numbers:

Riser
8FS-2381b-00-00

Bolts
8FS-23876-00-00

Guys glad you like the change. Looks great.

Did I read this right, no need to extend the cables?

Yamadoo

riser

no cable extentions on mine and it woeks fine.
the only thing i did was leave the hoop on top of the bars off.the one that all the cables run through. the cables would have been a bit tight if i ran them through that top metal loop

Re: riser

zeke said:
no cable extentions on mine and it woeks fine.
the only thing i did was leave the hoop on top of the bars off.the one that all the cables run through. the cables would have been a bit tight if i ran them through that top metal loop

I had to leave the hoop off mine with the rox 2" also.

Here are my 4" - 5.5" risers set at 4". Makes it feel like a totally different seld. Only thing is you have to be tall to see the gauges! 6'3" for me and I can just see the speed :)

Attachments

• handlebars.JPG
    handlebars.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 220
Risers

APEX 06 said:
I like how that looks.

If you like how it looks you would love how differently and better it rides. One of the best upgrades I did to mine but again I am 6'3" tall so it helps me a $hit ton.

I believe the 07 and newer mtn risers are taller then the 06 mtn riser.Might want to check on it before ordering.

Back