• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

stock nytro suspension help

juwalantz

Extreme
wondering how to tune my stock nytro suspension for maximum powder performance. i do not have the fox floats, just regular shock and spring.

what year nitro,,the 08's had bad attack angle which didnt help in powder. the more the front limitestrap is out it makes this worse and ussually won't help with starting of in pow..from what i read the o8 is 22 degrees and the best angle is 18 er so,,sucking up the limit strap helps alittle but the suspension will suffer big time in the woops where it fails totally anyways..also this will add to the steering effort.If ya got an 08 play with it and set it up for what your goin to do that day...i got rid of it all together!!

its an mtx 153 and its a 2009. its already ok in the powder but i have not done any tuning to the suspension. its set up the exact same way it was when i got it from the dealer. just wondering if there is anything i can do to the suspension to make perform a little better. mountain riding that is. screw the trails. there are quite a few of adjustments that can be made on this sled. front spring preload, center spring preload, torsion springs, limiter strap and such. some say loosen limiter strap for better performance in powder. some say tighten it. in my mind it seems like the looser it is the more weight transfer u would have thus lifting the front end up out of that powder. excsessive weight transfer would also be bad though. ok just from what i have read in the last few days i think i may have come up with an idea of how i want to start tuning. i think i want to tighten my front springs up a little to reduce ski pressure also helping with front end lift. loosen my limiter strap a hole or two. add a tiny bit more preload to center spring, tighten torsion springs one click. i would also like to pull a little sag out of the rear but im still not shure if what im going to do will help. anyways im only pondering this set up. not shure if i will try it. i am still open to any advise

I stiffened the ski shocks some, left the limiter strap where it was and increased the preload on the center shock. The rear spring I tried to set as soft as possible but had to go to a heavier spring to keep from bottoming out. I also set the rear transfer rods for a little more transfer, maybe one mark. Single biggest improvement was a Power Claw track.

i was wondering about a power claw track. i was also wondering about a chellenger extreme 2.50 inch lug. did u have the maverick track to start with

thanks for the help. i was wondering about a power claw track. i was also wondering about the challenger extreme. did u have the maverick track on your sled to start with? and do u know anyone with a challenger extreme? and how is it compared to the power claw and maverick.

I ran the stock track for a season then went to the Power claw. The differance between the two is huge. No experiance with the Camo extreme but I'm sure it is a good track. Lots of talk about both.

Back