• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Strange Issue with '06 Nytro

HydrogenCyanide

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha RS Nytro
2006 Yamaha Apex
I purchased this used at the very end of last year. I put about 300 kms on it. It was very hard to start to but seemed to run ok once it was warmed up.

I am getting ready for this year and doing a bunch of things to it. I went to start it and it would not start. I replaced the plugs and it started right up.

The idle was always very low and rough. So I increased idle to 1300 per the specs and it was running well. However, when I hit the throttle, it will not return back to idle. It stays at an elevated RPM and will not drop down.

This is a carbureted sled and with the 3 cylinder engine.

Any idea's how to fix this?

I purchased this used at the very end of last year. I put about 300 kms on it. It was very hard to start to but seemed to run ok once it was warmed up.

I am getting ready for this year and doing a bunch of things to it. I went to start it and it would not start. I replaced the plugs and it started right up.

The idle was always very low and rough. So I increased idle to 1300 per the specs and it was running well. However, when I hit the throttle, it will not return back to idle. It stays at an elevated RPM and will not drop down.

This is a carbureted sled and with the 3 cylinder engine.

Any idea's how to fix this?
Most likely the pilot jets(or one or two of them) are plugged up. Also the synchronization of the carbs may need set.
If these machines sit for more than a month or two, they normally are hard to start.

What 74Nitro said. After cleaning the carbs, you may also want to drain the fuel tank, and fill with 91 octane fuel(ethanol free) and a can of SeaFoam fuel treatment. Then sync the carbs. If you start the sled every two weeks religiously, and allow to warm up thoroughly, you won't have any hard starting issues in the future. If left for a month in the heat of summer, the fuel in the carb bowls evaporates and leaves behind varnish that will gum up the tiny orifices in the jets.

Yes the carbs in these have very very tiny pilot holes for low speed jets, get a rebuild kit with new jets or use the welding tip files for good cleaning.

Back