• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stretching 2007 RTX to 136

tileman

I want to put a 136 Cobra track under my RTX . MY question is will the proactive skid handle the added length ?I ride mostly Tug Hill can I get away without studs with the cobra? I currently have 144 Woodys in my Ripsaw.I would like to not have to worry about front heat exchanger but also want to be safe and hook up. sled only has 600 miles on it

Its a good track for lose snow more then hard pack. You will have more hookup with more lugs on the ground but with the power of the motor and being a 136" you still going to spin. Did you look at the IceRiper that one has per mold studs in it. Had one and it did ok.

We (Muffin Works) can offer you the rail/tunnel extensions you need for the mod. The ProAction CK skid works great in stretched format.

This is what the rails of a 07 RTX with 136" extensions look like after 1000 miles!!! I actually ended up taking these off (totally tearing the skid apart) 3 times over the winter to straighten and replace hyfax!!! These rails have one 180 mile trip to Tug Hill and the rest is just local riding!! TOTALLY TRASHED!!! And this is just typical trail riding with moguls and stuff---No jumping or anything like that!!! I Also know I am not the only one with this Problem as well soo I don't know why people think that these can handle the added length in stock form--These aren't Mono rails!! So this was my disappointment with extensions--however this sled in extended form is AWSOME!!! But I would either have Muffinworks make you a full length rail that is reinforced or some other way to strengthen the rails--otherwise you will be dissapointed!!

Attachments

• SANY1645 (Small) (2).JPG
    SANY1645 (Small) (2).JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 94
  • SANY1646 (Small).JPG
    SANY1646 (Small).JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 86
  • SANY1647 (Small).JPG
    SANY1647 (Small).JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 89
  • SANY1648 (Small).JPG
    SANY1648 (Small).JPG
    65 KB · Views: 92
This is what I had done this last winter to fix the problem!! These babys are solid!! 1800 miles and just as straight as the day I bought them.

Attachments

• 231 (Small).JPG
    231 (Small).JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 221 (Small).JPG
    221 (Small).JPG
    55 KB · Views: 92

Back