• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

stretching my 07 Apex RTX

yamahatd

Expert
Well i just got back from Northern Maine and I blew the Ripsaw off the sled again. Not fun at 110mph on the rail bed. Thankfully I was able to keep it straight and come to a stop. This is 2 within 3500 miles WTF :o| Studs seem to be the problem. 144 1.450 up the middle. The second track was a pre-drilled, re-enforced ripsaw. can't seem to keep one for long. I did notice the track rubbing on the shock eyes, but not to the point of failure.

Now the question is what do I do?

1- 136 rail extensions with a new ripsaw studs or no studs?
2- swap the skid for a 136 mono shock and track?
3- swap the skid for something other than a Yamaha skid and track?

Obviously I am on a budget, the economy is still kicking me in the :moon:
Any suggestions or input is always appreciated. :rocks:

track

If you're going to keep trying to chase down your SRX buddy on the railbed and insist on studs, I would consider a 1" Hacksaw or Predator. If you are willing to forgo studs, then the Cobra would be a good choice!!
I wouldnt recommend a studded Cobra but this is only based on what Ive read on this site, not personal experience.

Mark

Look for a predator/carve track much more durable then the ripsaw.

I run a cobra with studs 1200 miles no issues still looks new. I have had the ripsaw, hacksaw, predator 1", predator 1.25" and now cobra all with studs.

Best track of the group was the predator 1.25" with 144 studs up the middle.

Cobra has the best bracking of any of them though which is now important with my SC kit!

Good luck dump the ripsaw you will be forever happy.

I just stretched out my '06 APEX RTX to 136". I ended up removing my mono and installing a 136' from a Crossfire. Night and day difference. You could pick up a used one for a reasonable price whether it be Arctic cat, Polaris or Ski-doo. I just think the only place where Yamaha falls behind in a sled, is the suspension (just my experience).

Back