• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stronger limiter strap... is there one?

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Nytro XTX
Just noticed I broke my right side limiter strap, and was wondering if this is just fluke or are they weak? I've owned many sleds over the years and never had a problem. I was wondering if this is a soft spot on the Nytro with the possibility of ice cutting it, since there have been some hard pieces pass through the tunnel (dented headers). Is there anyone in the aftermarket industry that makes stronger straps? Thanks for any input!

This has happened to a bunch of us. I have replaced both of mine on a 2012 XTX. Check your suspension shocks especially the center shock and make sure there are no issues. You didn't state what year you have and model. The newer straps have an hour glass shape to them and the washers are larger on the bottom bolts.

Pete

I have the exact same sled as you and replaced mine with the new hour glass shaped ones which so far have done the trick. My originals seemed to be rubbing on something which was wearing through them. Luckily caught the damage before they broke. Yamaha actually supplied me a pair under warranty if I remember correctly.

I have the same sled. I put a stiffer center shock spring and had the shock re-valved. I also doubled up the straps. There is a lot on this topic in FAQ's. Since making the changes for this season my straps look good. No nicks or tears from getting caught in the track.

I've snapped three so far on my 11 XTX. Mine wear down and tear near the bottom. After watching them closely I found that with them all the way extended (factory setup), they would contact the knobs in the track.

Stiffen your center shock and/or pull up your straps one notch.

I replaced my limiter straps this year also, but the originals on my 09 xtx had the hour glass shape also. I reinforced them before, will keep an eye on these for sure!

Back