• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stryke ski kit availability

ozbie

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder L-TX-SE
Does anybody know if the Stryke ski and skag will be available as a kit. I was hoping to swap out my dual runner tuner skis with the Stryke ski, also wanted to transfer my Roller ski wheels.

Has any bought the ski and put it on a pre 21? I looked up the part numbers and thought about it but didn’t order them. Any one done this?

Did you like the ski? Was it as good as the magazines are saying?

Have 480 miles on mine so far. No complaints.

375 on mine and no complaints. Buddy has Curves and I'd say they handled exactly the same.

I am interested as well if anyone has put the new stryke ski on a 2020 winder. I have a 2020 Ltx gt and looking to update skis to these new stryke skis and curious what people are running for carbides with a studded track

I am surprised there isn't more talk of this new ski yet. Who is running them?? lets hear about them, good, bad or indifferent.

I noticed the skis are available only as individual parts, total $666 CDN (incl. tax). A few questions linger however before I commit, will I be able to transfer my rollers and my orange handles to the Stryke setup? ...also need more feedback on the performance of these skis to justify the costs.

Here's an answer I received from Qualipieces Co. in regards to the roller wheels,
"Hi, we have a new part number for the new stryke skis ( Y-4009 ) i'm not able to tell you if you still can fit your older Y-4007.
regards."

Attachments

• Stryke skis.jpg
    Stryke skis.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 125
So I got Qualipieces for Doo pilots skis installed them on SW. When I told Qualipieces sales what I was doing they were a bit confused, e.g. not recommend. I understand.
The point is these ski's need to be similar to some other ski. Someone suggested Cats?? I'd try to find out what ski's these Stryke are similar to and buy a set of those Qualipieces. Also save the receipt (CDN purchase and CDN return - easy). Also, suggest you buy a spare set of ski rubbers. The Qualipieces fit issue may be the bolt length or the bracket or both.

I was informed by Dave @snowstuds that the carbides for the cat ski and they Stryke ski were identical. Sounded like they were essentially a cat ski. Without having both in front of me I obviously can't confirm that.

These are 100% Yamaha designed ski. Keel shape, Length, Design, Carbide Placement in relation to spindle, Adjustable Shims etc. All unique to the Stryke.

We utilized the same carbide bolt pattern as AC that is the only similarity.

We are still facing some supply chain delays on certain kits. Red/White Kits should be in stock for Canada and USA. Pricing is also very competitive.

SMA-STRYK-RD-WH
SMA-STRYK-BL-WH
SMA-STRYK-BK-WH

https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/en/acce...MA-STRYK?sourceCategoryCode=166#select-swatch

These are 100% Yamaha designed ski. Keel shape, Length, Design, Carbide Placement in relation to spindle, Adjustable Shims etc. All unique to the Stryke.

We utilized the same carbide bolt pattern as AC that is the only similarity.

We are still facing some supply chain delays on certain kits. Red/White Kits should be in stock for Canada and USA. Pricing is also very competitive.

SMA-STRYK-RD-WH
SMA-STRYK-BL-WH
SMA-STRYK-BK-WH

https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/en/acce...MA-STRYK?sourceCategoryCode=166#select-swatch

Why is the rear hole not utilized by the carbide? Seems it will accelerate wear on the rear part of the ski. Also, the front hole has a steady stream of snow coming up through it by the carbide rod.

Back