• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stud location

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Many
Got the 22 EPS and was going to stud it.
Noticed with the Ripsaw 2 it has those “quiet humps” on the track.
Stud Boy says to cut them off before install, I’m thinking of just running 3 per bar in the middle where there are no humps.
Anyone else have a suggestion!
Igrip stud screw??

Let me know

Thanks for the reply, I did help stud a friend sidewinder in January and had the chance to ride it.
We also didn’t remove the humps but when riding his sled I found quite a bit of vibration from the track and assumed it was the raised studs.

I found quite a bit of vibration from the track and assumed it was the raised studs.
I doubt it was from that. Keep the studs out of the center 2inches of the track. If you stud that area the stud backs can hit the front skid lower shock eyelet.
I have studded many of these tracks and with a good pattern and no studs in the middle they are smooth.

I doubt it was from that. Keep the studs out of the center 2inches of the track. If you stud that area the stud backs can hit the front skid lower shock eyelet.
I have studded many of these tracks and with a good pattern and no studs in the middle they are smooth.
Thank You

Don't be afraid to suck them in. What are you using for fasteners?

Stud Boy says to cut them off before install, I’m thinking of just running 3 per bar in the middle where there are no humps.
Igrip stud screw??

Let me know
I studded my 22' EPS and the quiet bumps present no issue.

Igrip stud screw??

Let me know

I know guys stud their tracks right through the Quiet Pads without issue but I didn't like the way my studs were cocked off to the side with a piece of a Quiet Pad under the head so I made a cutting tool out of a stud. Started this process on my 2017 RTX-LE and have done several more since. Easy to do and recesses Quiet Pad nicely. Link to my post below...

My buddy used a cutting tool on his quiet track bumps. He is retired and has lots of time. LOL

I have had no issues on either of my sleds that have them. I make the studs tight. Ride it, then retighten the studs with a quarter inch drive. After that I check them at the end of the season during service. I run 1.575 Woody gold diggers five per bar with aluminum plates. Those studs are not best for racing but wear like iron. I spend 95% of my time on groomed trails and lakes.

Back