• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Studs

kinsound

Extreme
After my last question thread I will probably regret asking this but.....

for my 03 rx1 I have decided to stud the track... the track is 1 inch so was going with 1.075" anyone have any info on pros and cons for angled backers vers flat and different makers and style of studs for riding on packed powder and icy trails? :drink: :Rockon:

I have had great luck with the saber plastic backers.No breaks, or pull outs. They are much stronger that most other plastic backers.

I like the Bender 2 hole aluminum stud mates. I have had problems with plastic backers breaking, including the sabers. If you haven't bought the studs, get 1.25's instaed.

I HAVE HAD GOOD LUCK WITH STUD BOY AND THEIR ALUMINUM BACKERS 6500MILES NOT ONE BENT OR PULLED OUT WOODYS ALSO.
I HAD VERY BAD LUCK WITH SABER PLASTIC STUDS HAD 4 PULL OUT IN 300MILES.
THEY ALSO WOULD NOT HONER THE WARRANTE TRIED TO SAY IT WAS MY FAULT THEY REPLACED ALL WITH PLASTIC AND WERE NO BETTER.
THEY WERE EVEN BREAKING ON THE GROOMED TRAILS IN QUEBEC :o|

No additional protection needed for the 1.25" studs. You are only going .25" over the lug height. I have 3400 miles on mine with no issues.

I had over 9000km on my viper with stud boy aluminum backers and I did not have one stud pull out of the track.

I have the 1.25's with the thick woody's angled backers and have not bent one yet. get the duel heavy angled backers and put them down the center and you would not believe the hookup.

HANG ON................. :Rockon:

Lickity, I totally agree, I forgot to mention that I have a 1 inch camo in mine. :D

Back