• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Subframe Torque Settings?

rz918

Extreme
Looking to swap my subframe this weekend for the new one as mine is bent. Does anyone know what the torque settings are to reassemble the new frame? Do they need to be torqued down?

The shop manual didn't give specifics for the Subframe, but here's the general torque specs from the manual. You may want to use some blue Loctite (medium strength) as well.

9-26
SPEC
GENERAL TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS/
DEFINITION OF UNITS
GENERAL TORQUE
SPECIFICATIONS
This chart specifies torque for standard fasteners
with standard I.S.O. pitch threads. Torque specifications
for special components or assemblies are
included in the applicable sections of this book. To
avoid warpage, tighten multi-fastener assemblies in
a crisscross fashion, in progressive stages, until full
torque is reached. Unless otherwise specified,
torque specifications call for clean, dry threads.
Components should be at room temperature.

General torque specifications

A=(nut)
B=(bolt)

___A______B______Nm___m · kg___ft · lb
10 mm___6 mm--------6------0.6-------4.3
12 mm___8 mm-------15------1.5-------11
14 mm___10 mm------30------3.0-------22
17 mm___12 mm------55------5.5-------40
19 mm___14 mm------85------8.5-------61
22 mm___16 mm------130----13.0------94

Thanks for the info and your time. That's actually very helpful. I got alot of work ahead of me this weekend. I just hope it all checks out. LOL.

The torque specs for the boltls that hold the subframe to the bulk head are in the manual. I just installed it this morning. 18 ft/lbs. I used blue loctite too.

SNAFU said:
The torque specs for the boltls that hold the subframe to the bulk head are in the manual. I just installed it this morning. 18 ft/lbs. I used blue loctite too.

Mmm guess I missed it. I don't think the extra 4 ft-lbs. will matter. 18 actually seems a bit low.

Back