• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Supercharger not a Turbo

kinneyt

I am not asking if a Supercharger is better than a Turbo.

Who is running a Supercharger? What type of riding do you do? How do you like it? What brand?

Thanks
TK

Good luck with an answer, IMO depends on how and where you ride. The Guys that are in the Deepest and Steepest will most likely point you towards Turbo"s. Boondock'in and in the trees, my vote would be Super-Charger. I don't have either, so I'm interested to see the responses again. Do a search, this subject has been discussed a bunch.

As far as I know Mountain Performance Inc. (MPI) is the only super out there. Also available through ulmerracing.com

an a couple others offer resale of MPI's but right now they are the only Super...but there are some great solutions for mid mount turbos...mids, have NO perceptable lag...

but you dont want those, you want super...so you are left with one company, that has had a spotty at best reputation...

As far as I know, their reputation has only been spotty with the Nytro.

That being said, they have really stepped up recently with their customer service. Skyler at MPI seems to be an impeccable rep for their company.

MotoPsycho said:
As far as I know, their reputation has only been spotty with the Nytro.

That being said, they have really stepped up recently with their customer service. Skyler at MPI seems to be an impeccable rep for their company.

agree, have seen him post quite a bit!!! should have put a time span around it, but have heard of issues with Apex as well...

Kråkan said:
http://www.tikka.se

I have no experience with these but they are supposed to be very fast on the trottle!

I don't see a Super for the Nytro on that site.

I addition, the centrifugal Super like MPI is much more effecient than a twin screw...

heres my anserw after owning a turbo y would you want a supercharger?
i have a pump gas set up from ulmer 215hp. no lag everyone that has rode my sled says you cant even tell its a turbo, it just pulls and pulls,

We had some belt issues with Apex which is 100% solved now. No problems with Nytro at all.

Thanks guys

heath@mpi said:
We had some belt issues with Apex which is 100% solved now. No problems with Nytro at all.

Thanks guys

I was refering to the fuel mapping issues for the Nytro at the beginning - Like I said all seems good w/ you guys now... :drink:

Back