• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension/Skid Bolt

dox06

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
17 SW XTX SE
17 G4 Gade 850
Ok has anyone else had this issue or is it a result of the setup guy at the shop I bought my 06 Nytro from?

The front right side skid bolt that attaches it to the tunnel, the bolt has worked it way out three times. Unfortunately it was not noticed the first time until I had made a trip "With the fella" through the U.P. Putting approximatley four hundred miles on it. Sometime during the four hundred mile run the bolt worked it way out about an inch or so, enough to oblong the bolt hole in the tunnel.

I spoke with my dealer over the phone and he said he thinks it might be covered under my warrant but wanted to look at it first. ???????

On the 07 Nytro's I know there was an extra plate on the tunnel where the skid is bolted to. Anyone have any idea if this plate is available as a possible fix, or am I looking at a larger fix.....

Anyone?????????

:o| :o|

suspension/bolt

My '06 Nytro loosened repeatedly. :o| As soon as I was able I backed it almost all the way out and gave it a healthy dose of blue locktite and tourqed it back in. It was fine ever since. When I did suspension work on the sled before this season I re-applied the blue locktite.

Bolt

OK went to a dealer tonight and talked with them about the problem. Completly covered under warrant. He was amazed about the bolt working its way out.

He talked with Yamaha directly and has no brackets coming for my sled. The brackets, or as Yamaha called them "Patches" will be here next week and installed.

If any others are having similar issues talk with your dealer and ask about the "Patches" for the suspension bolts on the tunnel. All the 07 models and 08 models at the dealer have the brackets on them from Yamaha.

(total price for both patches and bolts twentyseven bucks)

:Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :yam:

yeah I had that happen to me last year, but I actually sheared the rightside bolt off. Yay for warranty!

Part #

Sorry guys did not get the part number when I spoke with him on Thursday. When I take it back this week I will post the part number for everyone.

;)!

Part Number

Ok found the part number for everyone. If you open Yamaha Parts Finder and look in the 2007 Snowmobile section under Nytro and the Frame 2 microfisch. The part numbers are as follows.

57- 8GT-21967-10-00 .PATCH 7
58- 90267-47197-00 RIVET

Hopefully this will help everyone who needs this update or change to thier sleds.....

:Rockon:

Would any one with a 07 nitro be willing to post a couple of pictures what the difference on the 07. I just would like to see a pic of what the outside tunnel looks like and how yamaha supports thanks...

the supports are stait forward ,remove two rivets and install new rivert with the plate on the outside of the tunnel then reinstall you skid bolt

Update

OK was told Monday one of the patches are on "BACK-ORDER" and may be here by 2-11-08. the other side patch is being sent directly from Japan. Hopefully will have them here before the eleven of Feb.

TO confirm the part # for any who are interested it is as follows:
8gt219670000 Patch

good luck

Back