• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension steup ?'s

blue05rx1

Veteran
Hey guys, I'm curious to what you have done or what you would recommend on me doing to my 05' rx-1. I'm tall about 210 lbs, and like a more stiff suspension (hate bottoming out) and I don't mind some good weight transfer to get the skis off the ground :D . I'm assuming yamaha has the the rear skid set about in the middle of the settings. I'm wondering if I should adjust things a bit, I thought I read on here that the "control rod" is hard to turn. I know there is another adjustment beyond the control rod and control dial with numbers. Should I even mess w/ the front shocks?
The owners manual doesn't give much guidelines on what the do for the desired ride, and would like to have this dialed in right. Any help would be awesome. Thanks! :rocks:
Jim

I thought your sled came with a suspension tuning DVD to help adjust it for your weight??

Isnt it in your tool box or something?

No, I didn't receive one, I got my sled earlier like Later July. I should find out about getting one.

My dealer told me to ride the sled the way it came set up for a couple hundred miles to let the suspension break in. After that play with the adjustments to get the ride I want. I had the DVD in with my paperwork, didn't have to ask them for it. Sure is nice to have a dealer who seems to care.

Adjust the preload on your shock to 6 off of full soft. Thats the stiff end of your weight range, according to the spec. 5 would be softer. The video is actually semi informative. Let the suspension break in for a few miles and then adjust with the compression adjuster. I wouldn't mess with the coupling adjustment until you get some miles on.

Back