• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sway Bar Chaffing

Tofast4u69

Hey guys, My left Sway bar link is chaffing the chassis. I had my sled in for the reverse gear fix and spoke to the dealer about this. He took pictures and sent it to yamaha. Here is what they say. (There maybe chaffing on either side of the sway bar link and this is normal behavior and we have no issue with it) As this maybe expected with conditions and they way you ride). What BS. I told him that this was unacceptable and I spent 12K on something and now after 700 Miles I'm going to have a whole in my tunnel. I'm not very Happy with them. He is going to talk to the Local Yamaha Rep when he stops in the store. As for now I have removed the POS sway bar. 4 bolts and it comes right out. So will post on the Handing of the sled as I'm heading in the middle of that 14 fresh inches coming tonight in Wisconsin in the morning. Ride on and be safe.

Cat riders were complaining about this back in 2012 when the procross chassis was first released. Sounds like they haven't really addressed the issue.

Back