• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Switch to Nytro ? Opinions

superfan75

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
RX Warrior
Hey guys just want your opinions since you have experience with these sleds. I always liked the looks of the Nytro especially the seating. I have a Rx Warrior now and would like to upgrade to something more modern with fuel injection and rider forward seating. Would this be a good upgrade for me. I've read a lot of conflicting opinions about Nytro's, but it sounds like some of the flaws are easy to fix. I see a 2008 with 3,600 miles on it for $3,450. I don't need the latest greatest sled, just something a little nicer than what I have. Thanx.

I ride an 08 rtx. I love the sled. Yes it has it small flaws, which can be worked out. I would do sub frame gussets and steering relocate and go from there.

Very comfortable to sit on. Very easy to stand up & ride. Lots & lots of support in the aftermarket. Great throttle response. What’s not to like ?
217cffaec0197cd9e6a2470ed7b73618.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Despite some small hang ups the nytro is a solid sled. It's design is a great system making it easy to maintain and will never let you down . I have now pushed mine to 21,000 km and there is still lots of life left. Friends with newer machines have had huge issues and the nytro keeps on ticking. I value that a lot in a machine

Ms

Good to know guys. The negative things I read the most about were from Apex riders . Some of them seem to dislike everything else so I wanted to get Nytro riders opinions as no sled is perfect, but sometimes the solutions are simple. What is the average range with that small gas tank. I don't ride hard so as long as I can expect 100 miles out of a tank of gas I'll be happy. I might miss the 4 banger but the Nytro should have the legendary Yamaha reliability.

If you want a “playful” 4-stroke, the Nytro is your only choice. The Viper is slower, the Sidewinder is faster. But, the procross chassis isnt fun. It’s too planted, or stable. To each his own....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on how you ride, but 100 miles isn't an issue normally. If your riding group is all Sidewinders and Doo 850s you should be prepared to burn a lot of fuel. I picked up a used Trail Tank for cheap and I'm good for up to 150 miles. My nytro is pushing 10,000 miles and it's running strong.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to see about a test drive from the dealer tomorrow. The other reason I think I might like the Nytro is because most of the trails I ride in Vt are tight and twisty. Thanx for the input everyone.

one thing to keep in mind is that there were a lot of changes from 2008 to 2009 on the nitro---- I just stopped my friend from getting a 2008 and made sure he at least got a 2009 or newer -- Tod

If you are planning long hauls a trail tank is pretty much a necessity, especially if you are hanging with guys with 40l tanks

The apex guys love a sit down machine. The nytro offer great flexibility in riding positions. I have ridden both - I can ride a nytro all day but the delta box chassis to me is really cramped.

There is no doubt the newer chassis ride better than the nytro but on the right trails on the right conditions it’s still a solid sled
Ms

one thing to keep in mind is that there were a lot of changes from 2008 to 2009 on the nitro---- I just stopped my friend from getting a 2008 and made sure he at least got a 2009 or newer -- Tod
I may have to keep that in mind to look for a 09 and newer Nytro. We are going to loose all of our snow this week so there's reason to rush a decision. Its really helpful to hear from people who own these sleds. I have no doubt a Nytro will be a big improvement over a Warrior. What kind of improvemens were made to the 09 and newer Nytro's ?

I thought the same way purchased 2012 nytro xtx yes its fun ride but I keep going back to my Apex.

Surprisingly I have not had much interest. You will love the Nytro there a blast to drive!

Back