• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TD MS19 VS. MS20 tune

jonlafon1

Lifetime Member
Mount Morris, WI. Chaney Lake, Upper MI eh!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX_SE

2024 Catalyst RXC

2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE. 11750 miles (SOLD)
Looking for information from those that have run these tunes.. Do these two tunes run on stock fuel pressure or is a adjustable regulator required? From what I have read both run about same boost but the MS 19 is a "lean" version which requires a bigger fuel pump.. I do not have a performance header so looking for info with stock header. Any information is appreciated. Thanks Jon

According to td's website
It is optional for ms20.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230202_133647_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230202_133647_Samsung Internet.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 57
According to td's website
It is optional for ms20.
I did see that.. That's why I was wondering as I have a upgraded fuel pump. I have the upgraded fuel regulator from Hurricane but its not adjustable(not sure what is better about it then the stocker ??). Have heard a adjustable fuel pressure is needed and also heard it is NOT needed under 300 HP.. I understand why the adjustable is handy and why its nice to have. Sled runs slightly lean or rich you can adjust the pressure to get AFR in line.

Probally need to call TD and ask Mike!
I also have fuel pump, no regulator and ms20, but have not run it!
Ms17 has satisfied for now anyways!

I did see that.. That's why I was wondering as I have a upgraded fuel pump. I have the upgraded fuel regulator from Hurricane but its not adjustable(not sure what is better about it then the stocker ??). Have heard a adjustable fuel pressure is needed and also heard it is NOT needed under 300 HP.. I understand why the adjustable is handy and why its nice to have. Sled runs slightly lean or rich you can adjust the pressure to get AFR in line.
Then there's always the "X" factor which is what octane is the gas one is buying? Pump says 91 but is it? I know for a fact some places I used to trust are now cheating (sell 87 for price of 91 or last summers watered-down outboard gas). And, some places are cheating but don't know it (supplier is cheating). So IMO an adjustable regulator is almost a necessity to be able to respond to high AFR or deto.

My 2002 SRX was performance massaged "Stock" lol and it had the DCS system on it. The sled was very sensitive to octane and it would flash the DCS light anytime it had less then 91 octane. It was amazing to me how many stations I had filled the tank with so called 91 that flashed the light.
Since then I have become very sceptical about the fuel we purchase...octane cheating is very profitable to the fuel stations, easy to do, and basically untraceable.

19 & 20 you'll want to mix a couple gals 112+ race gas or more Boostane. Hard pulls will get you lights with our great N WI 91

19 & 20 you'll want to mix a couple gals 112+ race gas or more Boostane. Hard pulls will get you lights with our great N WI 91
This was my plan. Sunoco 100 unleaded. I’m not planning on staying on these tunes. Might dabble for a day? Pretty sure you know what I’m saying. :cool:

Imo....MS20 runs richer and is LESS susceptible to knock than MS17 or MS19. Sustained long pulls above 10 degrees are no problem at 95 octane with stock exhaust manifold and a big pump. I wouldn't run MAX 19 unless it was 25 degrees or warmer, or unless you ran higher octane.

Where you need a FP and/or even higher octane is when it gets really cold. At -20 on a long pull, with a CAI, stock header, and a good muffler, I've seen 22lbs of boost. When IATs read -5 and you feed the sled a full can of beans, whoever/whatever is on the side of you ..... will disappear!!

Back