• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thanks for all the help

MNUser

Expert
Buying a 2013 Ski Doo Renegade 1200 tomorrow. Gt a good deal on a new one so I will be making the switch. Will be watching what happens with the Viper for next few years and see where it goes. My other Nytro will be moving on in about two years so I might buy then once they have worked out the kinks. I just wish Yamaha would have planned the release a little better which would have helped ease some questions.

I will be watching closely Yamaha.

Good luck. I'm probably going to be snow checking a 1200 renegade X in the next few weeks

Yea. I have rode both and I liked the 1200. It handled well and rode nice with the r-motion.

I just got back from out west and rented a 2012 Ski Doo Summit and it handled great. I was impressed with it.

Going to be a little different with the motor in the 1200 but I will get use to it.

I ended up paying 9500 out the door. Not bad I think.

Would you say the ride and handling is much better than the viper or about the same ?

Did the final price make your mind up for you?

My dealers arouund here have no left over so trying to make up my mind witch one I should get !

I would say they handled about the same. Liked them both. My deciding factor was the price on the Ski Doo and the fact that I did not want to be a guinea pig for Yamaha. Spending 13k on a sled with some BIG question marks was just not OK right now.

I also thought the r-motion was pretty sweet ride after coming off an 08 Nytro.

Will watch the Viper closely over the next two seasons and see how it works out. I have another Nytro that I can get a couple more seasons out of.

Red Wing, MN had a 2013 Renegade A 1200 for 8999. He has one left. I found one a little closer to home.

I see you got the first year nytro...did that go good or no.......I would like to have something that I can sit or stand.....the nytro just makes you stand all the time...

MNUser said:
Red Wing, MN had a 2013 Renegade A 1200 for 8999. He has one left. I found one a little closer to home.

Where did you buy yours? Do they have any left?

I was going to grab the 2013 in Red Wing, but went down there and it was sold with none left yesterday.

MNUser said:
Buying a 2013 Ski Doo Renegade 1200 tomorrow. Gt a good deal on a new one so I will be making the switch. Will be watching what happens with the Viper for next few years and see where it goes. My other Nytro will be moving on in about two years so I might buy then once they have worked out the kinks. I just wish Yamaha would have planned the release a little better which would have helped ease some questions.

I will be watching closely Yamaha.

Excellent choice. The Viperbots will disagree but the Doo is by far much, much better than the Viper. I'm sure glad I don't ride a Cat, you will be too. Cheers.

You can't go wrong with Doo. They have ALWAYS worked well for me. Congrats!

Picked up the sled today. 70 miles later and I can say I do like the ride. Has lent of power for an old man like me. I think it will be a nice ride for many years to come. I still have one Nytro so I can get my Nytro motor fix when I need it.

I was able to find one in Walker, MN. They had a one Backcounty X left in the 800r motor.

Good luck with the DOO. As a tax payer in Canada I have put enough money (flushed down the toilet) into Bombardier/BRP that they should be giving every Man Woman and Child in tis country a new sled. Till that happens I will not be rideing a Burrrrrrp.

Nytros rule said:
Good luck with the DOO. As a tax payer in Canada I have put enough money (flushed down the toilet) into Bombardier/BRP that they should be giving every Man Woman and Child in tis country a new sled. Till that happens I will not be rideing a Burrrrrrp.

:rofl:

Back