• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The Fastest Way to change

Amsoil 1

Veteran
which way is the fastest to change the oil on a phazer and how long does it take and less stuff to take off the better , can you just take bottom cover off to get at oil plug and filter

I did it last year, I don't exactly remember everything thats involved. But you do have to take it quite a bit apart. Good luck.

Well...assuming this is our filter change as well, You pretty much have to follow the directions and take the dang thing apart. I did not take the seat and tank out to open the oil bleed by the exhaust. I also did not take the oil pump screws off that are above the filter. But you have to remove the windshield, head light, hood trim, air box, upper and lower oil tank side panels, upper left side, and the belly panel.

Designs like this give us engineers a bad name! for the few bucks it would have cost to make a remote drain point an filter location, I'd have thought they would have done it. Most people will just take this to a dealer.

You can leave the headlamp and windshield Assy on. Remove the 4 bolts that hold the headlamp assy to the frame and just move it up and out of the way. The rest all has to come off. All front plastic, air box ect.

It will look like this when you can FINALLY get to the oil filter.

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

Thanks guys for all the responses but can anyone tell me what the filter is? last season somebody over on the Apex and Attak forums listed a cross reference filter from Walmart. The Super Tech brand that Wally world carries is actually a very good filter and can be had for around $3.00 for my Attak. There was quite a bit of research done on different filters on my Diesel Truck website and the Super Tech that wally world carries is actually one of the top filters. So if I had the stock filter number for the Phazer I could cross reference to the Super Tech filter.

I wouldn't skimp on the oil filter

After all the time taking the sled all apart, I would use the recommended Yamaha filter for a few bucks more. Just my 2 cents.

The way I read it was change the oil seasonly and the filter every 12,000 mi. Im still in break so I will be changing oil again and filter in 150 mi.

Yes but we got this used so we don't know when the last filter change was and with over 3,000 miles on it now we are going to change it. Just got back from the STEALER with my 15% discount the filter was $17.80 what a joke. Well next time I'll get it somewhere else.

tryanATTAK said:
Yes but we got this used so we don't know when the last filter change was and with over 3,000 miles on it now we are going to change it. Just got back from the STEALER with my 15% discount the filter was $17.80 what a joke. Well next time I'll get it somewhere else.

well if you got it used you might want to set aside an evening and do the oi/ filter change and swap out the plugs to make sure you dont end up with a bad one, never know how the previous owner treated the sled like letting it warm up properly and stuff. and might as well grese the suspention to push any water and dirt if any out.

When we got it last season we greased it and changed the plugs,and blocked off the tunnel holes. We changed the track since the one that was on it originally was delaminating. Then my son pulled some 45-50 foot jumps and broke the rear suspension so it came apart again to repair the front rear suspension arm and pivot. While we had it out we checked everything in the rear suspension and greased it all up again after re-installing it. I grease every zerk every 500 miles. We also greased the driveshaft and jackshaft bearings as well as cleaning the clutches. We just didn't bother with the oil as it looked real clean. I have an Optimate 4 battery charger that we use also periodically to keep the batteries up to snuff. Oh well this coming weekend the front end will come off and we'll pull the rear suspension again after we get that back together as we bought him a Freeride track for it. The fun never ends.

No the original track was delaminating so we bought a new track that we put on last season and we have a buddy that had a Freeride with only a couple hundred miles on it that decided he would sell to us as he got a 136" Freeride for his Phazer so we bought the 121" Freeride and we still have to install that yet. We got it for $200.00. wish he would hace decided to sell it before we bought the stock track.

Back