• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The jump

snoman

Expert
Who all jumping the ship for next snowmibile season ? Due to disappointed same ole sleds season after season.as for me going blue to doo Next season.

You are going to sell your sled because they didn't release a new model or update the existing fleet? Did you not like your Yamaha to begin with? I don't understand why people do this.

Jeffz said:
You are going to sell your sled because they didn't release a new model or update the existing fleet? Did you not like your Yamaha to begin with? I don't understand why people do this.

this is also a mystery to me...

snoman said:
Who all jumping the ship for next snowmibile season ? Due to disappointed same ole sleds season after season.as for me going blue to doo Next season.

Not me. Why the hell would I go from the most reliable and technically advanced sled made to the most unreliable sled made. If Yamaha closed shop tomarrow skippy doo would be my last choice. Exploder-TEC or the underpowered 1200 4 stroke...Both Junk, Get the extended warranty and a back up sled. You will need it............

Well had the good ole 07 apex and still running great but where im coming from theres no such thing as groomed trails and the apex is front heavy also tons of high maintenance and zillions of parts here and there too. Its been great just looking at some thing lighter for off trail riding and work sled also keeping my apex for my mother she loves more than her old school poo 340 toodle doo folks.

staying on my 03 rx1 with 12,000 miles on her, never let me down so why would I wanna jump ship?

go ahead and JUMP!!! BUT YOU WILL BE BAC!K!!! couple years from now after the newness wears off and you are sick of your sled being broken down and in the shop while the rest of us are out riding!! :o|

snoman said:
Just because they didn't come out with some thing new,me to I just don't understand

Frozen To Death

Good luck with all of that I wish you the best, just remember to bring a tow rope and a sattlelite phone if riding solo , so the search and rescue team can kind find you.

Speaking here from actual recent events , pretty scary being out on a BRAND NEW SLED that will leave you for dead 25 miles from any help.

i'm jumping,right on my vector's seat and going riding,if yamaha has something new,they will test it for a long time before the market gets it,we dont need a fiasco like arctic cat,there will probably be some issues but it will be minor,true blue for me

pat the rat said:
i'm jumping,right on my vector's seat and going riding,if yamaha has something new,they will test it for a long time before the market gets it,we dont need a fiasco like arctic cat,there will probably be some issues but it will be minor,true blue for me
if we had snow i would jump on my nytro!! or wait, maybe my vector ltx. or my nytro or my vector?? i wish i had that delima. :4STroke: this no snow winter really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guys that will jump will be the one's that want a lighter sled. I understand where they are coming from. Last year while on my Apex ltx GT, we got to talking to some locals up in the UP that asked if we were tired of the beat up trails and asked if we wanted them to take us on the trails only the locals knew about. We said hell yea and followed. These trails were narrow and all rutted up. It was all I could do to stay on the sled while those two guys were riding back and forth across the trail and down into the ditch and back up again. JUmping stuff and having a ball. They were on a Polaris switchback and Doo 600ss REV. All I could think as I was riding was that was the true essence of snowmobiling I did as a kid. I agree that Yamaha makes the most reliable on-trail sled in the business but not a sled that could do what those guys were doing. So I'm guessing that the guys that jump ship will be going to a sled like those.

Back