• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sled allocation 24

All very good points, but it seems we are depending and waiting on Cat to give Yamaha something new so we can paint it blue, really doesn't make sense, just buy a Cat, why couldn't Yamaha give us a new cutting edge chassis for the 998T, that would work.
That’s the point. When people that are loyal jump
ship we are usually all in whatever one we land on. But yes we know if they wanted too they could smoke everyone with their resources but…..

From a business standpoint no manufacturer (including Yamaha) would spend hundreds of millions of dollars to buy more market share in an industry that has very little growth potential. The ROI is not there. My guess is that Yamaha continues building sleds with Cat or they get out of the business or just supply engines (which they have done for decades).

Buddy I ride with , after riding my 23 srx he’s trading in his boost to the Polaris/ cat dealer for a 23 or 24 thunder cat . It’s been 4 years for him to see the light .lol . Every time we trade he’s been faster on my sidewinder, the power steering was the last straw for him .

Attachments

• 4AD72749-4162-445B-ACDE-B6F7E689C3DC.jpeg
    4AD72749-4162-445B-ACDE-B6F7E689C3DC.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 4DA07AF6-171E-4FE6-9EE1-2652F98868DA.jpeg
    4DA07AF6-171E-4FE6-9EE1-2652F98868DA.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 160
Buddy I ride with , after riding my 23 srx he’s trading in his boost to the Polaris/ cat dealer for a 23 or 24 thunder cat . It’s been 4 years for him to see the light .lol . Every time we trade he’s been faster on my sidewinder, the power steering was the last straw for him .
I was surprised to see your buddy wanting to ditch the lighter and technologically advanced Boost for the old, dated, heavy, inferior, Pro Cross chassis. LOL

There is no replacement for displacement. Glad he was changeable. He will be a happy 998 owner next season.

Now that's a nice looking winder!!

Buddy I ride with , after riding my 23 srx he’s trading in his boost to the Polaris/ cat dealer for a 23 or 24 thunder cat . It’s been 4 years for him to see the light .lol . Every time we trade he’s been faster on my sidewinder, the power steering was the last straw for him

Nice Srx. Do you see any need for hardguards with that windshield ?

Jaret, it’s fantastic you’re a part of this site. And Im a second generation Yamaha rider. My father has been die hard since 72 and I’ve been on them since too. Had some cats in middle till I was ready for a 600 (guess that’s same thing now? Lol).

Anyway here is my reasons polaris is next on my list for a 25 maybe a 26 purchace. When Polaris and skidoo released their turbo sleds they were insanely priced. However since 2012 their chassis have been refined 3-4 times since. They have things like a 7 or 10” color touch screen gps with blue tooth, multiple track choices, tunnel spindle a panel colors and chassis are lightened 30-50lbs less than the procross. They have updated their motors several times too. Yamaha just raised their price to match, gave none of the nonsense that I don’t need from the other brands. But if paying for it….. I want it. I’ve backed blue for the past 3-4 years with some solid reasoning, but I’m out. I wanted an srx last season. My dealer was forced out 2 years ago so I need to find a new one. But yamaha allowed me 2 hours (we were riding that day so -5 hours) to place an order online without knowing price dealer was going to charge. Also not knowing if dealer was getting any or talking to any of these new dealers to know how into sleds they are. So I bought a new wrap for mine, “new sidewinder” and now they get uglier, and way over priced for tooling and products that are paid for design wise over and over 5-10-15 years now. If you’re charging the same as doo and poo you need to offer more than a similar performance front suspension a mediocre makes do but behind the times rear suspension, a gauge package from the 90’s, chassis balance from early 2000’s and a great motor that could be refined to be ton better with running changes, a chaincase that has had the same issues since 2014, a clutch that granades, cross shaft for center shock that oblongs holes in the rails when the bolt stretches slightly, a cross shaft that can’t take the beating and bends to beat odd the track, upper mounting cross shaft that bends and buckles the tunnel, a bearing that spins on the track shaft because the shaft tolerance window is to large or speced improperly. Shal I continue or do you get the point? This as a 18-19k sled was even pushing it but could understand when cutting edge was 22. Now it’s same price and the viper (16year old sled really) is 18k. I’m sickened.
Amen. Can’t say much more.

Lots of head shaking and hand wringing going on all over the inter webs and in real life……Problem is, as long as they continue to sell out quickly with demand for more units I don’t see things changing much. The state of the Yamaha Snowmobile Division becomes more pathetic every season, it’s really sad.

as long as they continue to sell out quickly with demand for more units
Yea.. The issue is the manufacture is only making so many(because supply issues?) LOL.. So as long as the manufacturers continue to ONLY make so many units this wont change.. Is it really about high demand ? So many new sleds get sold EVERY YEAR and always will.. Its this whole issue of how many units are produced that's being played and is causing these issues.. Its advantage > dealer (not a bad thing) //> manufacture..
Hey I was stupid enough to jump on a catalyst even after all my complaining.. It just looks so sexy and this will be the perfect sled for the wife.. I could care less if its only a 600.. I cant wait to try it..

Reminds me of what Harley Davidson tried to do same. Limit/control production/availability to drive prices up. Worked for a while but ultimately market laws of supply/demand caught up to them.

Reminds me of what Harley Davidson tried to do same. Limit/control production/availability to drive prices up. Worked for a while but ultimately market laws of supply/demand caught up to them.
Yes, I recall those times. Custom motorcycle companies sprang up over night and flooded the market.

I see the Chinese jumping into the snowmobile game. They are oblivious to patent laws and do what they want. I bet we see a Chinese version of the apex selling new for $10k. At half the price of new, people will buy them up!!

37k kms (22k miles), looks clean. yes, it could be a scam but there are a few sleds out there that are not that far behind in price @ ~10k CAD and much lower miles. At 22k miles this guys would have wrung a lot out of that machine.. who knows.

View attachment 172002
I'm crossing the border the next sled I buy. Seen a couple of good deals near thunderbay. Probably a day round trip for me from Minneapolis area.

Back