• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The "secret" is outa the bag. Shhh.... don't tell

I think power steering is great on quads at low speed but not high speed. Im expecting this to be the same. But seriously people are so horny right now for "weight reductions" "power". All of these come with some sort of sacrifice but I wonder who has the biggest market share or rather what age group rides Yamahas. I know I would rather have them put on the set of 500.00 skis that I had too to correct the darting problem rather than putting an expected weight gain on and having easier steering. Easier steering was never an issue but it may be for others. I am not trying to start a rant here but im sure at least 60% of yamaha owners were hoping for some sort of a "game change" besides eps. I am going to test drive though to be fair

Yamaha205 said:
so thats the Game Changer. EPS. Its great but was expecting a motor upgrade (and still hoping for one)

What game changer would an HP upgrade be?????? Would stock 160-180 HP really be a game changer?? In what way?? More HP has been part of the game since day one, so adding some 20+ HP doesn't change anything. Btw, how do you know the engine doesn't have that, no tech info is released for this sled yet!

yamahahaapex said:
I think power steering is great on quads at low speed but not high speed. Im expecting this to be the same. But seriously people are so horny right now for "weight reductions" "power". All of these come with some sort of sacrifice but I wonder who has the biggest market share or rather what age group rides Yamahas. I know I would rather have them put on the set of 500.00 skis that I had too to correct the darting problem rather than putting an expected weight gain on and having easier steering. Easier steering was never an issue but it may be for others. I am not trying to start a rant here but im sure at least 60% of yamaha owners were hoping for some sort of a "game change" besides eps. I am going to test drive though to be fair

I believe the EPS is speed sensitive

.But don't qoute me on it

birkebeiner said:
Yamaha205 said:
so thats the Game Changer. EPS. Its great but was expecting a motor upgrade (and still hoping for one)

What game changer would an HP upgrade be?????? Would stock 160-180 HP really be a game changer?? In what way?? More HP has been part of the game since day one, so adding some 20+ HP doesn't change anything. Btw, how do you know the engine doesn't have that, no tech info is released for this sled yet!

i know but from what ive seen it looks like they updated the steering & exhaust and maybe suspension changes. oh and updated looks.

edit: 200HP sled WOULD DEFINATELY be a game changer imo

20hp is a huge difference in feel and reality. Just ride a vector and an apex and feel the difference from 80 mph on up big difference in pull between the two. He said possible cam change this can be a big difference in power from low end to top end depending on cam. Also difference in front end parts can play a big part in ride feel and cornering. Hey I just hope this is a great new sled.

i wonder, if eps is not a game changer, do the cars they drive have ps, or do they order one without it because it doesnt make that much of a difference.

Come on, do you really want to go there? Comparing a sled to a car? This is a small recreational vehicle..

I am not saying EPS wont be good but come on...

Thumper1000 said:
20hp is a huge difference in feel and reality. Just ride a vector and an apex and feel the difference from 80 mph on up big difference in pull between the two. He said possible cam change this can be a big difference in power from low end to top end depending on cam. Also difference in front end parts can play a big part in ride feel and cornering. Hey I just hope this is a great new sled.

I'm not saying 20hp isn't a difference, it's just not a game changer. I know everything about added hp, I went from a '93 Exciter 570 to a ´95 Cat ThunderCat MC 900cc with 160+ hp. The difference was HUUUGH! So comparing Vector to Apex is not fair, to different sleds for two different riding.

I haven't, of course, tested the new sled, so will not comment on anything around it. Only read all the test reviews on here and on the Internet and seen some pictures, which I'm not sure will be the final look. But I know I'm super excited to see the final product and some tech info ;)!

Power stearing and more HP is fine but what I'am looking for is a WARMER sled to ride. My 06 Rage is the coldest Yamaha I have ever riden. Every manufacture build the same style where the rider sits on top of the sled and frezzes his #$% off. I have seen more make shift windsheilds ever. Guys putting together windshields to keep the air off them.

Back