• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking about buying a Nytro FX

If you can't find the S.E. I would get the 09' RTX. The main differences are the front and rear shocks. The tunnel is different but that's not going effect the ride. Yes there is some reinforcements in the rear susp that are not on the RTX but, you could always get those if needed. Much easier to make an 09' better than making a 08' better than an 09'. I'm not just talking about the handling as no one really has any time on one. I'm talking more about the structure improvements. The handling, should be better, the shock valving has to be better. Like I said in my other post, I think the 09' is just more turn-key. My 0.02

Banks53 said:
Yah I WANT the 09 RTX SE, but I cant find a dealer (in my area) that has one in stock. I've got a few dealers I've talked with and they can cut me a hell of a deal on an 09 RTX or 09 XTX but I really really really want the 09 RTX SE for the suspension. I have the Evol X's on my Race Quad and they are amazing, can be valved any time any where (if you get the pumps).

If I could find a dealer to get me an 09 RTX SE with the same knocked off the top compared to a 09 RTX Base I would jump on it in a heart beat. But I doubt I will SE means special order with smaller mom and pop shops that are willing to deal. IMO 10.7 msrp is way more then these things are worth. never paid retail in my life, don't plan to start lol.

Great info guys, but no one really answered my questions on the little tweaks and mods to 08's and 09's that are cheap and effective.

Where are you located?.....It would help to add that to your profile.....I know of a SE in Madison WI for sale from a dealer, its siting on the sales floor as we speak, I believe it may be priced aroung 9,800.00 +setup

There is no doubt that the 09 is better stock vs stock,I would go with the 09 if it is so much better like everyone else says it should be. I think my 08 is a AWESOME sled LOVE it! So I am sure the 09s will rock!

I have no problem with the trail handling on my 08 MTX, just some of the darting that I've been living with since the trailing arm sleds.

2008 Nytro RTX said:
Skis will get rid of the darting well 99% of it.

Not to contradict you (Again)...but exactly how would you know this? I spoke with Ross at Hygear on several occassions over the summer and he said the number 1 factor in darting is suspension set-up.

lucky_7 said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:

Not to contradict you (Again)...but exactly how would you know this? I spoke with Ross at Hygear on several occassions over the summer and he said the number 1 factor in darting is suspension set-up.

All great information ;)! , I really need to get my stuff on here all set up but I'm from SE Michigan, If you could give me his number, and if he's willing to deal then I might work something out with him...right now I'm still in the decision stage of what I want to get RTX, RTX SE, XTX, FX Base.... etc might even try to Snox-X :flag: it sometime so that's also in the back of my mind..

I'm going to go ahead and set this add my suspension experience to this argument and explain a little that not just one thing causes a sled to dart there are many and its a delicate, rider preferred balance that will make a sled feel good to the rider!

There is front suspension set up, camber, caster, toe in and out, king pin inclination, the way the suspension compresses and the angles between the upper and lower arms at different heights of cornering. Skis do factor into that as well as track length lug, height and track angle.

10 riders could ride the same sled and each one of them could have a different opinion about how a sled handles. Purely based on how they ride, and how they like to position their bodies on the chassis and what type of feedback they like. For one rider the sled might feel tame and predictable, but then for another it might feel tight and aggressive.

One of the major problems with snowmobiles is that they rely on carbides to do all the turning work in the front end. and depending on the skis you have will depend on how much of a track of they are going to cut vs following one that is already on the trail. Ski's are just going to allow the carbides to cut their own path, therefore, it will make the sled feel like its better. When in reality this is just a partial fix to the problem. Because if it was that simple, they wouldn't have made all them changes to the front suspension and sub frame.

The only solution to the problem is to adjust it to what feels go to your riding style. :Rockon:

Wow, looks like someone knows what they're talkin' about....Thanks for the schooling lesson proffessor Banks, however you STILL haven't up dated your profile, (Location) so all that work and research you just spit out means nothing if your name is not on the paper! That Just Happend!! :moon: :tg: J/k But you should update it brother..........site rules.

Banks53 said:
All great information ;)! , I really need to get my stuff on here all set up but I'm from SE Michigan, If you could give me his number, and if he's willing to deal then I might work something out with him...
Their web site is http://www.hygearsuspension.com/ and his phone number is 607.533.7434. They are a site sponsor and our members consistently report good results. ;)!

Also, please take a moment and enter your location in your user profile. I believe you are located near Livonia, MI.

lucky_7 said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:

Because my riding buddy threw some new skis on his Nytro and dialed his sled in and handles awesome! Took 99% of the darting out. So thats EXACTLY how I know this.

Sounds like you would like SE as utimate bump sled. For me FX or XTX much more forgiving bump trail sled for big mile days. You like bricks go for SE.

Back